Obama's Got A Spending Problem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, May 1, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

I guess you didn't notice the results of the elections last November. I understand, though. Most Democrats in Congress seem to have forgotten about their shellacking, too.

#21     May 1, 2011
  2. To put that shellacking in perspective, the GOP whip states that, "we control one half of one third of the government".

Hope that helps:)

#22     May 1, 2011
  3. pspr

pspr

Geez, take off the blinders. No, on second thought, don't. You're right. The people don't see a fiscal crisis coming, the Democrats need to spend, spend, spend just like they've been doing. That's how they'll get re-elected. :)

#23     May 1, 2011
  4. Congress has the spending problem and has had for decades. The dems throw money at social issues that continue to fall short of expectations and the repubs throw money at the wealthy that well, do very well for the wealthy but not much else. Bottom line is there are all types and stripes feeding at the government trough. Some wear rags, others are in two thousand dollar suits, and the rest of us pay the tab.

#24     May 1, 2011
  5. The people, in the aggregate, see little. Bookmark this post. Obama will be back in 2012.

#25     May 1, 2011
  6. +1

#26     May 1, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

You seem to have done a complete 180 on your politics and social views in the last month or so.

I suggest you check yourself for recent vision changes, and facial muscle aberrations such as one side of your smile being lopsided or the inability to raise both eyebrows equally. Such changes may indicate a mini-stroke. In the absence of those symptoms you should have your doctor test for heavy metal poisoning, ADHD and bi-polar disorder.

Disclosure: I'm not a doctor but I play one online sometimes.

#27     May 1, 2011
  8. I have never said in a single post that Obama will be out. And, further, as a thinking man, much like a trader, if the situation changes, so must the analysis change. For example, when I woke up this morning to my alerts, I checked my charts and then came straight here. Bin Laden is dead, on Obama's watch. If we are not in the middle of another recession, I double down on the post you referenced. Obama 2012.

#28     May 2, 2011
  9. That sounds like NYC or DC talk, which will become a very thorny issue over the next 18 months. They can spin this "recovery" myth all they want but even the dumbest of the dumb have begun to figure out that it's all inflation.

#29     May 2, 2011
  10. Actually I live in the heartland. We are stressin about the corn right this minute. But it is great place to live if you like to keep your finger on the pulse of America. That said, if we are paying 5-6 bucks for a gallon of gas, then Obama is a dead duck. I hope he gets that. The farmers are grumbling about that already and it is at 4.07 where I live and work. This is not a place where economist are bred, but they have a lot of horse sense, and if it is harder to live in 2012 than in 2008 then it will be an issue. However, the GOP must field a viable candidate as these are very very much devil you know people and they will put Obama back unless the GOP can articulate a clear message.

#30     May 2, 2011