Obama to tell Canada: No more tar sands oil imports

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by moneymonger, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Fool, much higher deliver. Do you have any idea how much it will cost to get from Alberta to China?

Plus doesn't oil sends need $50+ plus just to break even as is.

This decesion is the nail in the coffin for Canada, eh.

#41     Feb 18, 2009
  2. achilles28

achilles28

I'd be careful who you call fool, Shirley.

Most of the time you're running around here, in hysterics, ranting about shit u know little about!

Apparently, this time is no different.

To answer the question. Yes, I know how much it costs to transport crude from Saudi to America.

DO YOU?????

Something tells me, you don't.

#42     Feb 18, 2009
  3. Taxing less while spending more is the reason this mess exists in the first place. How does making a bigger mess help improve the first mess?

#43     Feb 18, 2009
  4. Can't be that much, China is already the #2 export market for Canadian oil.

#44     Feb 18, 2009
  5. jj90

jj90

Joe Momma,
    have you seen oil companies shift production to other types of oil/energy production in Alberta? I would think the oil sands producers won't shut production completely down as no production means a 100% loss instead of say a 50% loss. Could be a trade setup going long oil companies which can make the switch and short those who can't.

#45     Feb 18, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

there is no solution except time. instead of letting economy deleverage and then begin a cyclical recovery you are creating subsidies which delay the inevitable .you worsen the outcome by taking resources from the productive private sector to the wasteful public sector. it is like having a cold and taking something that doesn't allow the mucous to come out.. the germs that cause the disease continues to exist in the body.

If gdp drops 10% it might be good if people ate 10% less. it would definitely make for a healthier nation.(no joke)

#46     Feb 18, 2009
  7. Euler

Euler

It's not guaranteed that the economy will get worse without the stimulus package; the only thing that's certain is that many stimulus packages have been passed using the same argument, yet the economy has gotten worse.

I am not saying I know the packages are wrong, but one thing seems beyond debate -- they haven't worked as proposed, so far. Why is the next package/bailout going to work?

In the hands of whom? Everyone group is suffering economically -- so who's left "consolidating power", the US government? At least it's elected, and maybe a collapse would deprive the overgrown lobbying industry of its lifeline.

If anything, a collapse would make the US more self-sufficient, which it can be at a level that hardly any other nation dream of. I certainly don't want further economic decline, but in the long run the US is probably going to come out OK, if it's learned its lessons. Same for Canada I think.

#47     Feb 18, 2009
  8. Daal

Daal

No way, this is just a rumor

#48     Feb 18, 2009
  9. By most estimates the USA has between 2 and 3 trillion in bad
    mortgage loans infecting the balance sheets of banks. Back in the day the requirements to qualify for a loan were pretty onerous. Something changed nover the past 15 to 20 years....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_Reinvestment_Act

#49     Feb 18, 2009
  10. The majority (large majority) of foreign oil imported to the USA comes from Canada, specifically the Alberta oil sands.

#50     Feb 18, 2009