Obama: Nobody made these guys (American troops) to go to war.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Jun 22, 2010.

1. HERE IS Obama's RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

How in the world did a person with this mindset become USA President?

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Useful Idiots

3. OP: Do you have a source, a reliable source, for that Obama quote?

4. Where is you reference??????:confused:

5. cstfx

cstfx

6. The promise of free ice cream trumps all reason.

7. bearice is a moron buteven a moron should have been able to tell that this was made up. i guess he is special.

8. cstfx

cstfx

And what makes you say he is a wingnut? If you read his postings, he's more of a grenade thrower - you know toss a grenade and watch it go off. You are so quick to label, and yet I am Right leaning but came up with the link. Your postings are no better then the same people you denigrate in your posting above.

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Liberals thought that if they elected a black man the entire world would swoon with recognition of America's enlightened position on race and begin to love us.

Liberals thought that if they elected someone who would criticize the USA and give deference to Islam the entire world would swoon with recognition of America's enlightened position on Islam and begin to love us.

Liberals are that strange group of people who think they are so smart that others should follow their example. They are offended when others don't embrace their view or lifestyle. They begin to believe that change must be made by force. They then elect someone who will force his policies rather than gain consensus.

#10     Jun 22, 2010