Obama Depleted the Military

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Spike Trader, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Air Force fears it could be forced to evacuate an entire base after Trump cuts funds to pay for his wall

[​IMG]

An internal report from the United States Air Force claims that it could be forced to evacuate an entire base in Alaska because President Donald Trump cut crucial funding to pay for his long-promised border wall.

NBC News reports that the Air Force has written a report detailing the importance of dozens of projects that have seen their funding cut to finance Trump’s wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Among the projects is a boiler replacement at Eielsen Air Force Base in Alaska, which the report says is in “imminent” danger of failing. According to NBC News, the boiler in question “provides all electrical power and steam heat for the base” and the Air Force would have to evacuate the entire base if it went down.

After this evacuation, the Air Force projects that the base “would freeze and require millions of dollars of repair to return to usable conditions.”

Additionally, the report finds that Trump’s cuts will have a negative impact on NATO-related military operations intended to deter Russian aggression in Europe.

“Projects to upgrade airfields in Germany, Luxembourg, Great Britain, Hungary and Slovakia have been shelved, leaving the bases unable to support U.S. and NATO airplanes,” NBC News reports. “Construction of storage facilities and fuel supply has also been postponed, ‘directly limiting theater presence and impairing mission capability and readiness’ and support to Operation Atlantic Resolve within Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, the report says.

2. Sensationalized headlines from the liberal media to push their “No Wall” agenda.

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

These bases are old school anyway.
    Trumpy has Space Force now.
    Zaaaap!

Tsing Tao likes this.
  4. Big surge in the lefty interest in keeping the military strong. Here, Afghanistan, everywhere.

I am pretty sure that they will all be wearing MAGA hats soon at this rate.

I could be wrong.

5. Trump has Lisa and Alaska all under control.

Bill Barr has been up to Alaska for meeting and big DOJ grants for Anchorage and the natives have been awarded. -her constituents bigtime.

In addition she/alaska know that the big bucks are coming to them and for the military there in the FY2020 defense bill in progress. So net-net she is happy. It is a net positive for the state. Lisa gets lots of feathers in her hat to campaign on and for Trump to campaign on. And Trump just got Lisa's vote for the next supreme court nominee.
    https://www.ktva.com/story/41046923/sen-murkowski-supports-advances-fy-2020-defense-bill-for-alaska

Gotta love it. NBC news doing a Chicken Little sky is falling routine over a boiler at an air base in Alaska. Yup, born again I guess. Eilson airbase is at the North Pole. I am guessing they will find a way to keep the heat on and your dick will not fall off.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

"We care about our troops" they said...."but no more than we hate brown people."

7. I am shocked, shocked I tell ya, that the military budget has been so cut to the bone that a minor reallocation of funds will cause us to close a presumably crucial base and likely tempt the Russians to start WW III, which we will lose because Trump wasted money on a wall.

I wonder how much money the Air Force wastes on diversity/inclusion/LGBT/transgender programs? How much money they piss away on consultants? Or weapons systems that never pan out and have no application if they do?

In DC, this type of hysteria has an actual name, the Washington Monument ploy. In any government shutdown or budget battle, the government shuts down the most visible tourist attractions so as to inconvenience and frighten the greatest number of people.

Luckily, there is a solution. Fire the Air Force Secretary and shitcan five or six generals in charge of budgeting. Teach them a lesson the survivors will not forget.

TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  8. [
    Also, national defense, not the military is the number one priority. Usually they are tightly related but not always. Mattis, Kelly, that crew fought - tooth and nail- against using military forces at the border- arguing that troops should only be used to defend other countries' borders. Their number one priority was to defend the traditional role of the military. Trump's priority was national defense. Thus, if we need to divert funds from the military to defend the country, we should do that.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Vanz, I found two versions of the Space Force. I couldn't stand the thought of posting the 3 minute version, so this shorter Space Force primer will have to do. Sorry about that. :-(

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So the left hates military spending until Trump cuts it. Then the left decries the cutting of military spending.

Just guessing here, but if you ask the majority of Americans NOT in the immigration argument whether they would prefer we spend money to upgrade airfields in Germany, Luxembourg, Great Britain, Hungary and Slovakia or on a wall to protect the southern border, I'm betting they'd say wall.

#10     Sep 16, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.