NYSE:HMC (Honda) as an Inflation Play?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Jul 19, 2022.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

What do you think of Honda (NYSE:HMC) as an inflation play?

• You couldn't ask for a more solid company.
    • Headquartered outside the U.S.
    • A large part of its value is segregated from the USD
    • Their EV, the Honda Prologue, is scheduled for release in 2024
    • I'd hesitate to buy a Tesla, but be far more likely to buy a Honda. They have a great name, a well established service and dealer network. It's a household name.
    • As inflation sweeps across the U.S., Honda will be relatively less affected, causing a rise in price
    • Personally I think that Honda is undervalued. It's sitting below pre-Covid, pre-inflation, 2019 values. That doesn't make sense!
    • I own a Honda Pilot. I love it. Better than Toyota or Ford, aka "Found on Roadside, Dead"
    STRONG BUY

Discuss?
    --Keith <3

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

They have a lot of debt Keith.
    Decent dividend.
    They build a lot of cars at some factory in Ohio, so I don't think they're immune to supply chain issues.
    At $25.50, ahhh, I mean its a safe stock, but I don't think its going anywhere fast in this market.
    There's probably better plays out there. I don't like the sector right now.
    jmo though

murray t turtle and kmiklas like this.
  3. xandman

xandman

Your Honda Pilot is probably the best inflation play.

4. "Strong Buy"? No. Just a trade. Nothing going on with Honda that supports the notion of a "bagger" in the the stock price.... IMV

5. kmiklas

kmiklas

Thanks Vanzy!!! Great to talk with you again :)

6. %%
    Exactly, excellance ,Civic + most of HMC models, except some Passport vans;
    as depreciating assets go \they are one of the better ones.
    At best= average stock sector.........................................................

7. The only..., so-called 'inflation play' ....you need to do....is increase your trading ability and wisdom and understanding and process....so you can make so much more money from the market,
    And you can tell inflation to go to hell,

Keith 2022, :D

8. kmiklas

kmiklas

Inflation is just another force acting upon the markets; no different than politics, supply, competition, demand, news, innovation, etc.

The train is coming, on inflation, US2024 election, etc. They are juggernaut forces. The question is always how to make 'em work for us; to capitalize... to profit from this force.

So right off the bat, with a 9+% inflation rate, the key is to get out of ca$h... but where to go?

Check out the USD.JPY curve. The yen is soaring against the dollar... because inflation is not as bad. They didn't pour all the QE funding into their economy.

9. You're trying to chase and capture a mouse around a room, while blindfolded -- Most traders and investors are,
    Instead, develop and understand a skill, an edge, a process. And be lethal and precise with it,

kmiklas likes this.
  10. After owning a PoS Honda, I don't want to touch that stock with a 10-foot bond. Check out any Honda Civic Sedans that are around and haven't yet fallen apart. First thing even the new ones did is have all the paint peel off from painting defects. I have one and there was a never-ending list of problems I had with the civic lemon. And a never ending list of class action lawsuits. Not to mention any time you go to a dealership, they over-charge you and then try to blame YOU for every defect.

On the flip side, if Honda has found a following of zealot IDIOTs to buy their shit after all their fiascos, I guess there is some added asset to buying into the stock. Truth is stranger than fiction...

#10     Jul 19, 2022