NYMEX GC & CL data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by travis, May 3, 2008.

1. travis

travis

It seems ridiculous to me, but I can't find a place to buy NYMEX Gold and Light Sweet Crude Oil data.

I bought it from disktrading.com for 20 dollars each, but it has problems and no matter how hard I try, tradestation won't produce a report on it. I checked at NYMEX.com and they don't even mention the possibility of buying their data.

Anyone has any good links to buy such GC and CL data? Thank you.

2. travis

travis

Thank you for the link, even though I'm having a hard time understanding what data they are offering.

This data vendor claims to be the best data vendor in the world. I would even trust them, however, their web site is not at all user friendly and it's built like a labyrinth. That seems a peculiarity of all data vendors web sites, but even more so this time.

I spent half an hour trying to find the symbol for the GC and CL and whether they were offering it, but they don't list it. It would probably be in the "U.S. Stocks & Indices" category or in the "North American Futures" category. At this point what do I do? I just give it a shot and waste 100 dollars in case I buy the wrong "market category"?

I spent another half hour trying to see if they are offering intraday data or what time frame they have for the data they are selling. No news of that either. What do I do then? I should spend 100 or even 200 dollars, hoping their data and time frame are right for me?

To make matters worse, they are talking about an "Unfair Advantage" program that I should download to be able to get their data...for what? Now should I also enroll in a golf club to get their data? Why don't they just send me the data? Why do I need to install a big program to get some data?

My masterpiece was finding the order page - useless - to pay for this unknown data. I'll leave it here for posterity. If anyone has any clues, let me know please. Thank you.

https://csidata2.com/cgi-bin/uaso_order_form.pl

3. i used csi data for 3 years.. they are very reputable and they have customer service via telephone.. they have any and all dat you ned for all contracts... since most of the hedge funds etc that utilise their data have it guys .. they can usually figure out the products.. you wont find better dat anywhere.. you should just give them a call .. i never had any trouble understanding their web site etc..
    SO ANYONE LOOKING FOR EXCELLENT QUALITY DATA SHOULD LOOK INTO CSI.. CALL THEM DURIGN NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS AND YOU CAN TALK TO A REPRESENTATIVE THAT WILL ANSWER ALL OF YOur qUESTIONS....

Travis phuck off man i gave you what you were looking for.. i will never help you with any of yoru posts ever \again.. sorry i wasted my time doing the research to "help you " go suck a big fat one...idiot

4. travis

travis

Well, all right, I'll give them a call. Sorry if I sounded disrespectful to you - I just wanted to state that the site was not too clear. But since you are saying they are the best, I will try harder. Thanks for your time and patience.

5. travis

travis

Hey guys, my fault - I had it all wrong and I have to take it all back. Tradestation was giving me a "20002 error" ("error creating new report") for ALL data and not just for the disktrading.com GC and CL data.

So I reinstalled tradestation over the previous installation, solved the error, and now everything works fine with the disktrading.com data - as a consequence I don't need any other vendors.