NYC firms in Midtown Manhattan or Queens?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 79Limit, Dec 19, 2006.

1. 79Limit

79Limit

No. All 3 of them are in different buildings.

I'm looking for people to recommend trading groups in Midtown Manhattan that have their own office space. That is, Offices/Trading Desks that are not on the floors of one of those 3.

Do you have any recommendations?

#41     Feb 2, 2007
  2. paul21

paul21

anybody know about atlant trading in brooklyn?

#42     Feb 3, 2007
  3. Stay away from these small prop firms, they cant be trusted. Even if they do turn out to be reputable, you are much better off at an Assent, or Echo type place. An established track record is important in this shady as hell business.

#43     Feb 3, 2007
  4. 79Limit

79Limit

Back on topic.

Groups with their own offices in Midtown or Queens.
    Who knows of any and can recommend them.

(again not in the Financial district and not on the floors of Assent, Hold or Dimension)

#44     Feb 5, 2007
  5. Palomino

Palomino

I don't know of any, but please pardon my ignorance...

What's wrong with A, H, & D?

#45     Feb 5, 2007
  6. 79Limit

79Limit

OK Thanks anyway.

Since I seem to keep getting the same question over and over, I'll make it perfectly clear.

This is not a posting of complaint about any of these 3 firms.

This is a request for info about groups who have their own office space. I cite these 3 firms as exclusions because they seem to have the biggest floors in midtown and hence many existing groups seem to trade there.

I'm looking for the "who else" and the "where else", regardless of if they work through one of these 3 or not.
    I'm only talking about individual groups with their own office locations in Midtown or Queens.

#46     Feb 6, 2007
  7. pv150

pv150

This group Avatar is advertising on craigslist coast to coast. Who clears for them?

#47     Feb 7, 2007

8. For one, trading with 400:1 leverage is indeed dangerous enough...if not completely irresponsible....so an FX Prop shop would be a nice place to find capital to trade with, so that a small time trader could make money w/o leveraging his soul away.

Also, a Prop firm could provide access to good charting software, good spreads, a good dealer, etc., that a little fish could not afford on his/her own.

I still can't seem to find any reputable FX Prop firms. Maybe they don't exist??

#48     Feb 8, 2007
  9. i think goldenberg hehmeyer & co have offices in midtown NY. www.ghco.com

#49     Feb 8, 2007
  10. 79Limit

79Limit

Thanks.
    GHCO has an interesting history on this board.
    Still the suggestion is welcome.

Where are their competitors in NYC located?

#50     Feb 13, 2007