Nvidia Quadro FX3800, 1GB RAM, NEW... care to make offer?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Scataphagos, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Doubt any ET'ers would be interested in this card, but I thought I'd give it a shot....

This is a high-end, 3-D, graphics design card... I presume you know about it or you wouldn't be checking it out here...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_fx_3800_us.html

This card is available online for $795, but most with only 1 year warranty, or less.

Mine has 3-year warranty....

PM if interested...

2. Your best bet would probably be eBay. Its recent fair market value is only about $575, shipping included.

But I have to wonder... why would any trader have a use for such card? The Quadro series is useful only for 3D applications (think 3ds Max, Maya, etc.).

Simply, the 3D features of this card will go GROSSLY UNUSED during trading.

Any "trader" tricked into buying a "professional" video card is the same type who'll be conned out of $5,000 for the one seminar that will change his trading career.

eBay would be a better place to try and sell this card, I advise, because eBay is a place people looking for this card will be searching.

Good luck.

3. is it LFH 59 or LFH 60?

(are there 60-holes on the back of the card or is one (middle bottom) filled in?)

4. I could actually say the same of you. Take a close look at the card, it has CUDA...

Professional's in the market you would know CUDA is very handy when you have to price options on the fly and need oodles of CPU...