NVDA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Oct 26, 2016.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Does this thing ever go down? Look at a YTD chart. Earnings next week. Hmmmm.

2. Long-term it's still a buy.

klattermusen and vanzandt like this.
  3. $NVDA Anyone of us pumpers could actually be an AI chatbot deployed by Nvidia to spread positive company news across the web.

4. CBC

CBC

They are have decent fundamentals, probably every second computer on the market has their graphics cards in them.

They are the good brand to, with ATI been the cheap stuff IMO.

vanzandt likes this.
  5. you are a prime candidate for bag holding

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Anybody want to venture a guess as to the closing price today?
    My guess.... and this is only a guess .... 207.50

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

I think crypto mining is proping them up. I bet on this and AMD, but the latter bit me as gpus are a smaller part of their business.

vanzandt likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Is it time to revisit this thing at $146 with BTC on fire or is it a bull trap?

9. The stock went down for a number of reasons:

1) The decline in blockchain growth meant the need to buy more NVidia processors dropped to nearly zero.

2. NVidia just upgraded its latest chips, but they are substantially more expensive and the older ones are still superior to most of what is out there, especially at that price point, so the old inventory needed to be sold before the new product started selling, and the backlog (and slower demand for newer processors) turned out to less than ideal for a fast upgrade cycle. Only now is it starting to clear out.

3. The prices of microprocessors dropped. The same thing happened to Dram just when the new technology from Micron became available. Buyers are not going to buy something they don;t really need just because it is new, chips are not a vanity business.

4. The drop in demand from China, and issues with changing up the model for how 5G will be deployed in the US changed a lot of presumed relationships (with Huawei, etc) that some of these businesses were counting upon. New alliances are in the process of being formed.

5. Trade tariff fears remain an uncertainty - not so much for how much they cost, but more because of the uncertainty they create about future policy decisions, especially by China.

The new NVidia chips are great, but they are also said to be pricey. It is not known if they are worth the extra cost just for graphics, and as far as server processing, AI and other more fuzzy logic problems - there is increased competition from Intel, Google, AMD and other companies (and now Tesla and Huawei making their own chips).

The stock price has been dropping steadily for quite awhile now - but it will turn around when the world need catches up to the new NVDA technology offerings.

vanzandt likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

$17---> $385

#10     May 25, 2023