nvax what's the plan?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by zdreg, Jul 7, 2020.

1. zdreg

zdreg

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The U.S. government has awarded Novavax Inc (O:NVAX) $1.6 billion to cover testing, commercialization and manufacturing of a potential coronavirus vaccine in the United States, with the aim of delivering 100 million doses by January 2021.

stock + 27% at 102.

you have sold unhedged calls or are short stock.

What's the plan?

2. maxinger

maxinger

I doubt there is anyone who is foolish to sell unhedged calls or short stock.

instead many traders might have done the reverse.
    they might have used a simple ruler to draw ascending trend line to trade nvax.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  3. Damn. US government is trying to get way ahead of China on this. Ive never seen anything like it

4. Anyone else think NVAX, INO, and MRNA are all garbage companies?
    Between the 3 of them they have like 2 shitty FDA approved drugs.
    After the covid frenzy NVAX and INO will be back in single digits.
    MRNA really looks to me like a crap shoot company with very shady management.

vanzandt likes this.
  5. i enter nvax at 7/2/20 at 82.72 for a swing trade....i was pleasantly surprise at the gap up today 7/7/20.

6. nursebee

nursebee

I caution anyone believing the long term story of this company.
    They first came to my attention after seeing price action surrounding the bird flu.
    I obsessed over them and their story with regards to RSV, was a long term holder and believer at that point.

The online discussion in retrospect were likely populated by some schills. Not placing responsibility on the schills, just an observation.

They check off all the boxes of hope, chance, possibility, have some experienced leadership, but they continually FAIL to bring a product to market.

I do not know when, but they will fall back down to earth, as they have a few times over.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/pharmaceutical-help-wanted.296865/

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/respiratory-syncytial-virus.285876/

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/pump-and-dump.282008/
    That above is evidence of what can happen with anonymous internet types.

You've been warned.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. today 7/16/20 nvax closed at 120.45 and after hour is gapping up to 128.50. That’s why I stop using news or internet forum as my trading strategy long time ago. I trade base on price actions, chart analysis and my criteria for entry and exit.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    maxinger likes this.
  8. maxinger

maxinger

great mister.

That is the way to trade.
    always read news with eyes and mind closed.
    news are dangerous because it contaminates our minds.
    News are written by newbies, by professional writers, not professional traders.

Just read charts with eyes big big and mind clear clear.

vincentnyc likes this.
  9. nursebee

nursebee

Good work.
    My caution, as stated, was for those looking for a long term play.
    Just go back and look at bird flu era.

10. nitrene

nitrene

NVAX is a strange stock on volume analysis. The volume peaked on 5/12/20 at 75 million shares when the stock was $40. Even the last 2 days combined only had 22 million shares and the stock is almost 4x that now $140.

I wonder there is so little volume. Maybe what nursebee said is the reason -- not enough faith that they will ultimately get it done.

The action on INO & MRNA make more sense.

#10     Jul 17, 2020