NQ Correction to 14,000

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Rickshaw Man, Jul 19, 2021.

1. A pullback to 14,000 would be very productive. Earnings are fast approaching. We may not get a decent correction.

NQ.jpg

horizon and murray t turtle like this.
  2. %%
    Could be;
    also could be a topping tail on monthly QQQ. May know something by end of month??
    TQQQ is a parabolic sell on daily charts, half hour to market close.............................

3. That was such a cute little squirt up in the stock index futures. Happened in the last 30 seconds of cash markets. Traders are still afraid to hold short overnight. Remember 2/3 of all gains in stock index's occur during the U.S. overnight session. Today's nasty selloff may be erased tonight on 1/10 the volume.

You know good and well the big tech companies are going to report blowout numbers. Afraid to hold short coming right up.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    QQQ is nicely still above 50 day ma;
    but qqq could not even close above $1.00 >open price \much less than FRI close.
    I've bought plenty of longs on a one day dip before, not today. Parabolic stop + reverse is still a sell on dailys+ 4 hour candles.

5. comagnum

comagnum

With the closing order imbalance clearly on the sell side the chance of a big ON rally are high.

upload_2021-7-19_15-24-58.png

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  6. maxinger

maxinger

how nice if it collapses to <9999.75
    then there will be one digit less.

why can't the exchange make the tick size coarser?
    it is far far too fine.

the most numerous digits is Japanese yen futures.
    The current price is 0.0091365 ie 8 digits!
    best is DJ euro stoxx banks from Eurex.
    the current price is 87.5 ie 3 digits.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Guess what happens when the sellers cannot find buyers? They sell lower. This saga is not done yet. I should know, I am long near ATH. AGAIN.

comagnum likes this.
  8. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

[​IMG]

9. Overnight

Overnight

And you are afraid to hold long overnight. You don't have the fucking guts. So STFU.

10. NoahA

NoahA

Intriguing. Where do you get this info? I'm eager to see if there is statistical value in this metric.

#10     Jul 20, 2021