NQ and MNQ-Interactive brokers?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by antares66, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Just noticed that i don´t get any data for NQ and MNQ on IB. It happened suddendly some minutes ago, before that it was fine. ON TWS i only see "???" Has someone the same issues today?

2. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

3. I had to restart the TWS to get the future data again. This was the first time that within a trading session the data stream stopped. But data for stocks were available. Very strange. I must switch to another data vendor/broker. CQG seems to be a must have.

4. maxinger

maxinger

Rollover day.

Change to new cpntract

5. Overnight

Overnight

That's BS. The contracts don't expire for a week. IB seems to be a POS on data service.

maxinger likes this.
  6. Rollover day is one week ahead. 03.19

7. Shmo007

Shmo007

Sounds like a data connection issue. I had a similar problem on my IB TWS too a few weeks ago ..... it turned out to be a faulty ethernet lan cable.

8. Overnight

Overnight

No, rollover day was this past Friday, as SOP by the institutions. LTD is next Friday, 3/19. You can still trade the thing next week, but volume is going to dry up and spreads are going to widen all next week on the March contracts.

9. My fault, I mistook rollday with expiration day. But rollday was last thursday, not friday. Always 8 days before expiration;

10. Overnight

Overnight

Roll day is when the volume flips on futures contracts. And this quarter, it was Friday morning on my screens. *shrugs* Just because the CME lists a convention, does not mean it always follows. Glad you got the LTD sorted out though.

#10     Mar 14, 2021