Nothing is safe in Trading now ..unless

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Feb 15, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

#11     Feb 15, 2008

2. Hope these silly cartoon/ pictures relieves the burdens you have on your mind.

You need therapy not trading.

#12     Feb 15, 2008

3. They will have to put it in real estate or stocks.

Getting measly 2-3 % returns in checking and CD wont do. That's why Feds cut the rate... now you understand the logic behind that?

#13     Feb 15, 2008
  4. No burdens here, monkey boy! I even took you off ignore today because it was a slow Friday at work, and I needed some entertainment.

#14     Feb 15, 2008
  5. jjk2

jjk2

i agree....its always same. the markets are full of naive exuberancy, ppl are never prepared for the unexpected (of course it wouldn't be unexpected if they knew it was coming), we think markets move the way we want it to and it has gotten us into trouble many times.

#15     Feb 15, 2008
  6. a rebuttal to ET 'doom & gloomers': Trading Opportunities could NOT BE BETTER!!!...there has been so much 'doom and gloom', "the sky is falling" posting here lately...there could not be BETTER trading opportunities in the market now...consider this:

1-so the market tanks...go short!
    2-want variety...try options, stocks, FTF's, futures, emini indexes, commodities (gold, oil, Bonds etc.)
    3-I am excited as I look forward to next week to trade...research all the stuff over the weekend...not concerned over any economic numbers...I can win over this through strategic trading...
    4-change your thinking from 'glass half empty' to 'glass half full'
    5-there are literally thousands of trading opportuinties out there...do your research and if need be...SHORT the whole market...BUT...remember this...YOU ARE NEVER, NEVER, EVER AT THE MERCY OF A FALLING MARKET...WHETHER IT IS THE DOW, OIL, BONDS, US DOLLAR ETC....JUST FLOW WITH IT!!!
    ...the sun is rising!!!:)

#16     Feb 15, 2008
  7. jjk2

jjk2

the media is to blame. they make look like all the floor traders in NYSE always go long.

everytime market tanks, theres bald fat guys covering their faces.

control the mass by instilling fear, manipulate and exploit, more money for some group of elite ppl.

#17     Feb 15, 2008
  8. Tell me if this is ENTERTAINMENT to you ?

"Feb. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Confidence among American consumers slumped to the lowest level since 1992 .....

....The Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer sentiment fell to 69.6 in February from 78.4 the previous month. "

I rest my case.

#18     Feb 15, 2008

9. That was a good rebuttal.

I admire your ability to say something intelligent unlike these cartoons posted here by our " DOOM & GLOOM" crowd.

#19     Feb 15, 2008
  10. doli

doli

Get up, day! You'll freeze to death out there.

#20     Feb 15, 2008