No worries, stay calm....more bull hype...Tom Lee said bull market has 20+ years

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Nov 1, 2018.

1. S2007S

S2007S

And he even said on Wednesday that the market "plunge" was completely over....
    Haaaaa

Now he says a 13% 3 month rally is coming.... Things are all rainbows and butterflies again....after 3 weeks of fear and gloom the sun is shining brightly again... or so they think!

Wall Street's Tom Lee: The bull market is celebrating 'middle age' and could last 20 more years
    • The bull market is only now approaching "middle age," and could last 20 more years, strategist Tom Lee says.
    • "It could last to 2035" or "2038," Lee says. "That's going to coincide with millennials peaking."
    • In a note to clients Wednesday, Lee called a bottom to the stock market plunge.

In the CNBC interview, Lee said he expects the market to rally at least 13 percent over the next three months.

"We believe the sell off is behind us," said Lee, former J.P. Morgan chief equity strategist. He urged investors to buy stocks hit the hardest by the October sell-off, saying they will "bounce the most."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/01/tom...-middle-age-and-could-last-20-more-years.html

2. SteveH

SteveH

Go all-in now Tom, then tell us how that 1100 S&P print feels when you're stuck here.

3. No worries. Wall Street tolerates bulls who get it wrong... no matter how bigly.

But if you're ever wrong about being bearish, you career is in jeopardy.

FriskyCat likes this.
  4. Visaria

Visaria

5. Tom Lee is always bullish, whatever the market is like.

6. S2007S

S2007S

Can't stop laughing....this is too funny....

A 12% gain into Christmas
    S$p 3079

All these 3000+ predictions have me laughing so hard!!!

Wells Fargo: A double-digit market rally is coming
    • A monster rally for the stock market is coming, says Wells Fargo's head of equity strategy, Chris Harvey.
    • He says the recent sell-off has unlocked value and created a "great opportunity."
    • His current price target for the index is 3,079 by the end of next year, a 12 percent upside from Thursday's close.
    Michelle Fox | @MFoxCNBC

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/01/wells-fargo-a-double-digit-market-rally-is-coming.html

7. maxinger

maxinger

That was exactly how I think when I started trading. Obviously I lost tons of money having such mentality.

When market dropped significantly, EXPERTS will always speak up and say price will sky rocket to the moon and Mars.

Great article to read for amusement & entertainment !!

Luckily we traders don't read news.
    Because reading such news will contaminate our mind.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Predicting a 20+ years of bull market? He has a > 90% chance of being correct.

I went back to look at every 20 year period and sure enough, if you look out that far, most 20 yr periods were bull markets, even in 2000 and 2008. Besides, in 20 years who remembers what I said today?

Scataphagos is correct. In Wall St., bulls stay in business and bears go home.