No recession next year

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Aug 14, 2015.

1. The Almighty Fed Model predicts no recession up until July of next year: Treasury Spread and Recession Predictor .

Given that a recession probably puts a Bush back in the White House, the world knows not to do anything stupid until then.

2. loyek590

loyek590

like raise rates?

3. so "the world" can prevent a recession and the Fed Models are some beacon of enlightenment?

No wonder you were buying housing stocks at the top...

i960 and cdcaveman like this.
  4. No one should pick tops and bottoms.. But I'll pick this isn't a bottom haha

5. I understand the difficulty of the republican mind has with reality but I can't understand why it makes things up when confronting a superior being - in this case, there were no buys of housing stocks at the top. There was a mention of DHI back in I think 2004 before it doubled but given the known reading comprehension problems associated with the republican mind, I know you wouldn't be able to find it.

My question to you while you're here is : why can't those with the republican minds do science? Are you people on this planet to retard the human race?

6. I am libertarian.... Not Republican....

der_kommissar likes this.
  7. Fed should raise rate sooner otherwise this market can only go side way and trend lower little by little. A rally will come after they raise rate and leave it unchanged for rest of year.

8. Hard to believe... Interest rates go up collateral goes down.... There will be a devaluation... A repricing...

i960 likes this.
  9. S2007S

S2007S

they were the ones who said the sub prime markets were contained back in 2006-2007, they were the ones who saw no dot com bubble and didn't see the commodity bubble either, they will never ever see whats forthcoming, they have backed themselves into a corner with ZERO way out, the next recession will make all past recessions look like they never even happened, the fed has zero clue whats going on and when the next recession comes they will be baffled and lost on how to fix it.... because the next recession there will be no clean fix like in other past recessions, where these economies are headed will baffle 99% of the economists out there, we are going to enter a time in economic history that the world has never seen before.

cdcaveman likes this.
  10. We know they are nothing more than mouthpieces for the ibanks...If a short term sell-off is required, one of their members utters a hawkish statement...a day later, another member makes a dovish remark..."no recession" is just another short term ploy until one of the other members issues "growth concerns"/"economy potentially slowing"/"growth forecasts revised lower"/"rates on hold following econ data suggesting growth slowdown"...seriously, it's been going on for years, but has become acute in the past 7-8 years.

#10     Aug 17, 2015