No, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez didn't say we have time to shoot down Chinese missiles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Mar 14, 2019.

1. https://www.politifact.com/facebook...xandria-ocasio-cortez-didnt-say-we-have-time/

We’ll never have to worry about China attacking us!," reads the text over a photo of the New York congresswoman that was published on Facebook on March 7. "They are 12 hours ahead, so we’ll have plenty of time to shoot down their missiles!"

One commenter wondered how "anyone can really be this dumb?"

"Who is supporting her?" another commenter said. "Everytime she opens her mouth, she relieves all doubt."

We rate this as Pants on Fire!

2. elderado

elderado

Aw, c'mon, people!

She needs help buying furniture! Help, her, please!!!

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You do realize that the only reasons that statements this dumb can be attributed to AOC is because she says other dumb things.

If she was even of average intelligence, no one would ever believe in these articles and there wouldn't have to be an official rebuttal.

Clubber Lang likes this.

4. No she doesn't say dumb things. Fox news watchers think so because all they ever see is fake news. The right is delusional. They are the ignorant ones, not her. She is a smart woman with good - if not fully formed - ideas.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Covertibility likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The fact that you, futurecurrents, think she is smart and Covertibility liked your post says all that needs to be said.

TJustice, Optionpro007, Tom B and 2 others like this.
  6. kingjelly

kingjelly

No she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and full of pie in the sky, but I doubt she has to have her daily briefings converted into Dr. Seuss books like our leader.

Cuddles likes this.

7. Yeah? Show me what you think is a dumb thing that she has said. I'll bet it is out of context, only half of what she says, or just made up, because that is all you deluded right wingers hear.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

LOL, no problem.

"Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs” July 2018. (first - she doesn’t know how unemployment is calculated, second, defining “everyone” as 7% means she’s uninformed or deliberately lying)
    -----

“There’s three chambers of congre…er…government. The Senate, the House, and the one with the president. I’m gonna stop now, otherwise I run the risk of looking like I don’t know what I’m talking about.”
    Too late!

-----

"Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family." Politifact corrected the multiple outrageous claims in this ridiculously stupid statement. They said "Americans aren’t working more today than they have been in the recent past. The average number of hours worked in the private sector has hugged tightly to about 34.5 hours a week since 2006, except for a dip during the Great Recession."

------
    a recent study documented $21 trillion in accounting errors at the Pentagon. Use this for health care instead, she said, and it would practically pay for Medicare For All. This is my favorite, I think. But its so hard to choose!

-------

And then there was the comment regarding tax breaks to Amazon, and how we should take that money (as if it were sitting in a vault or something) and spend it on housing, health care, etc.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    elderado and Optionpro007 like this.
  9. :D

10. hear hear....fully formed.

[​IMG]

#10     Mar 14, 2019
    vanzandt and Cuddles like this.