No 2-week low in the SP futures since late October

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Math_Wiz, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

I haven't figure out how to play this yet, but I think eventually we will see the futures break below the 2-week low. The last time it broke the two-week low was late October (not showing on the chart). I'm thinking it might be a significant downward thrust when it happens. We could also see a significant upthrust to 4000 before it reverses. Like I said, not really sure how to play this yet, but I see a trade brewing!!

upload_2021-1-27_0-8-30.png

2. maxinger

maxinger

Don't bother about those 2 weeks low thing.

Just use a simple ruler.

jys78 and Math_Wiz like this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

4000, then 5000, by mid 2021 should easily rocket to 8000 by 2022. Fed is helping out with their printing press so don't worry if the s$p drops, it will rally and keep rallying for the next 8 or 9 decades. Free money everyday!!!!

jys78 likes this.
  4. jys78

jys78

I realize you're being sarcastic, but this seems more accurate than your otherwise bearish comments. What is more important to you - to be correct in your analysis, or to make $?

5. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

We have a break. But I still don't have a game plan. Watching!

upload_2021-1-27_14-57-37.png

6. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

I'm actually leaning towards going long here, and shooting for 4000, but haven't put any money on the line yet.

7. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Nibbled some SPY to the long side at 371 after-hours. Holding for 400.

8. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Up $3 and holding. Expecting to hold all the way to 400

9. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Like Mel Gibson said in Braveheart, "Hold, hold!!!"

10. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

upload_2021-1-31_19-24-33.png

This is funny. I don't know how this works, but whatever. This is the daily chart. You see that red bar that the red arrow is pointing to? That is from 6pm - 7pm today.

This thread is about breaking the two-week low. Looking back to January 18th,
    you would think that the two-week low was broken today by that red bar.

But NO. haha. That red bar (6-7pm today) is being counted towards the prior two-week period, haha. WTF??

"Today's" daily bar begins at 7pm apparently, instead of 6pm when the futures start trading, is just the green bar there at the end, and so far it hasn't broken "last week's" low, haha. Will the chart change tomorrow? I don't know. You never know with these guys and their tricks, haha.

Anyways, according to the current chart at investing.com, this particular futures chart has still not broken the two week low. Amazing.

#10     Jan 31, 2021