NinjaTrader users: is your data feed freezing ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Wallace, Apr 12, 2018.

1. using NinjaTrader via AMP with the CQG data feed

on Tuesday morning about 6:39am pst the data feed stopped updating, closed NinjaTrader after 2 minutes watching frozen charts

AMP states they had many clients from all over the world phone in about the problem

today about 7:08am pst, same problem although after a couple of minutes the feed re-started

AMP states some clients had contacted them about the problem today

have you been having problems ? - day, time, location please

2. trademan1

trademan1

My NT, not via AMP, but with CQG has been freezing a lot also. Ninja Trader just tells me to update NT or something else. They aren't actually helping solve the problem. It fixes for a while and then freezes again. I've noticed problems when I try and reload historical data on the charts too.

3. jharmon

jharmon

Every data feed has its problems from time-to-time.

If your trading requires a being online constantly during trading hours, and you don't have a backup or two in place, then only you are the one to blame.

Personally, I've meticulously documented and _tested_ my "disaster plan" which is to have phone contacts with all brokers and back out of all positions at whatever penalty is incurred for telephone transactions.

My family knows this too, and have authority on the accounts to do so, in the event that I am incapacitated for whatever reason.

4. Vertex

Vertex

Solid as a rock, as usual. But I am not with amp.

5. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Support Desk Manager said this was limited reports. No other trading platform users reported any freezing or delays.

If you ever need assistance with a live trade, please do not hesitate to contact the AMP 24 hour trade desk.

6. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

Mine was working fine until a couple of ours ago. I updated my windowns and when it restarted and came back it just freezes and keeps freezing everytime I restart it.

7. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Are you using NT7 or NT8?

8. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

NT8

9. trademan1

trademan1

I had to remove my workspace and put it back in the folder for mine to start working again. Had the same problem like a week ago.

10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

AMP, SierraChart, CQG feed.
    No problems, hardly ever!

#10     Apr 12, 2018