Nikola Corporation CEO was charged by SEC

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by HeSaidSheSaid, Oct 27, 2021.

1. zdreg and Nobert like this.
  2. nitrene

nitrene

He was on CNBC constantly pumping his fraud and the legal team at CNBC didn't even question his lies. Just like that crazy lady from Theranos who also used give interviews mainly to Cramer.

These people are distilled Dark Triad aka Machiavellian.

It reminds me of the CFO of Lehman Brothers who came on CNBC the Friday before they declared bankruptcy. I think the Squawk Box crew asked her if the company had enough working capital to survive and she blatantly lied and said that they did.

Nobert and jys78 like this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Everyone knew she was lying but what else was she supposed to do? Tell everyone publicly Lehman was going bankrupt and create a panick and possibly a self fulfilling prophecy like bear stearns?

If she didn’t go on TV that would be a problem too. She was screwed no matter what.

4. nitrene

nitrene

I understand that but then wasn't she afoul of Sarbanes Oxley? Interesting that most of these Masters Of The Universe types in 2008 never were charged with violating SarbOx.

jys78 likes this.
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

i bet she wasn’t violating sarbox. Whatever she was saying would be vetted by lawyers I’m sure.

6. Nobert

Nobert

I was thinking the other day. How he bailed out and nothing. Truly didn't shine, this, most developed market, i thought to myself.

But here it is. A justice might be served. Another scumbag name next to Elisabeth & etc.

7. nitrene

nitrene

If that is true and you can go on CNBC and tell people you have the bridge financing to survive and it turns out to have been false all along then these are a protected class of people and there is no rule of law anymore for the anointed ones.