NFL Wildcard Weekend Ratings Down Big

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 14, 2018.

1. wildchild

wildchild

Last weekend the rating of the NFL took a big hit, year over year, for wildcard weekend. The decline continues. Everyone wants to point to Kaepernick, but I have another incident that really got this whole ball rolling. Can anyone tell me, the moment the NFL jumped the shark?

Titans-Chiefs (14.7) was down 11 percent versus last year's Raiders-Texans game.

Falcons-Rams (14.9) was down 10 percent versus last year's Lions-Seahawks game.

Bills-Jaguars (17.2) was down 10 percent versus last year's Dolphins-Steelers game.

Panthers-Saints (20.4) was down 21 percent versus last year's Giants-Packers game.

2. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

Conservatives sabotaging their own leisure

Slartibartfast likes this.
  3. jem

jem

ironically your gif explains it best. many former fans don't care anymore.

enjoying professional football with a massive amount of commercials is a choice. Why should we really care about our local team. its kind of silly if you examine it.

Its not a big deal. it happened.

fewer people care about the NFL because rich players with a big platform should have been doing something instead of insulting the flag.

4. [​IMG]

Snowflakes are still white.

Cuddles likes this.
  5. Tom B

Tom B

You have always been a Snowflake.

6. RRY16

RRY16

When your grandmother whooped your sorry ass in fantasy football.

7. Football has a big drop however baseball, basketball and even Nascar have all reported significant drops in 2017.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mauryb...llion-for-first-time-since-2002/#5a677610326f

Perhaps a lot of young guys & gals just don't like stadium sports anymore, it seems whatever ESports are, they are surprisingly popular. A young cousin of mine in New Orleans tried (failed) to interest me in watching others play video games.

All the Trump garbage could have been the opening they needed to get away from peers. Most would agree pro sports are too fat-cat and soulless now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...h-esports-more-than-traditional-sports-2017-9

upload_2018-1-14_19-55-48.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  8. LacesOut

LacesOut

Not surprised.
    I wonder if they take into account those who IPTV or pirate or stream games vs watching them on regular cable.
    I was going to head to JAX to watch my beloved Bills but then I did the math and noted the weather.

9. RRY16

RRY16

2 Choice games today and a miracle finish for the ages...Stefon Diggs who caught and scored the miracle TD even praised god for his catch.Think of all the joy he brought to the people of Minn..then you have the cranky cons having a bitter Sunday over shitholes.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Tony Stark likes this.
  10. jem

jem

my in laws are visiting. My wife and my inlaws were watching the game.
    My father in law is from Holland... (he has lived here a long time though). He was telling me with his strong dutch accent how great the game was even though they were rooting for Drew Brees. (he had 2 sons who went to purdue around the time Brees was there.)

I found it entertaining. This guy from Holland being all happy about the great game and I no longer cared at all. I did not spoil it for him and tell him I no longer cared. I just was happy I went for a hike instead of wasting my time. (i prefer to waste my time in other ways)

To each his own. not bitter at all. Seriously, why the heck would I care if people enjoy the NFL... I hope they do.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    #10     Jan 15, 2018