New Vietnam in South America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Sep 3, 2012.

1. .
    September 3, 2012

SouthAmerica: The United States is in the process of starting another Vietnam, but this time around in South America.

We have discussed a lot over the years at Brazzil magazine the subject of other countries trying to take control of the natural resources of Brazil in one way or another.

On this blog I am consolidating some of the information that I had posted on various locations on the web, but they cover about the same subject matter.

Over 3 years ago I started the discussion on Brazzil magazine about how the United States will turn South America into another Vietnam - It's just a matter of time.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

http://newvietnaminsouthamerica.blogspot.com/2012/09/new-vietnam-in-south-america.html

2. Just like Al gore will be the next president, the US will attack iran with nuclear weapons, blah blah blah blah.

Your stellar record of being 100% wrong 100% of the time is still in tact.

3. Exactly what assets have been confiscated all over the world as you claim?

4. September 3, 2012

SouthAmerica: Reply to John Wensink

The pillage started in a big way with Iraq, Libya, and so on....

Here is just the tip of the iceberg:

CNN - March 31, 2011
    Could frozen Libyan assets pay for the war?
    By Charles Riley, staff reporter
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/31/news/international/gadhafi_assets/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- In late February, President Obama issued an executive order that froze Libyan government assets worth at least $30 billion.

One month later, the U.S. is engaged in a conflict that will wind up costing billions. And budgets are obviously tight. So could the government use some of that Libyan money to pay for the war?

WASHINGTON, March 21— President Bush has ordered the Treasury Department to seize about $1.7 billion in Iraqi government money that has been frozen in American bank accounts since Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/22/w...h-asks-seizure-of-1.7-billion-held-in-us.html

Here is an actual example of this new policy, when the United States confiscated over $ 2.5 billion dollars in Iraqi assets here in the United States. The reader can see the document released on Friday, 21 March 2003, by the White House: Executive Order: Confiscating and Vesting Certain Iraqi Property, on the following website:

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Documents/13290.pdf

I believe there were another $ 20 billion US dollars that the US government confiscated from the Iraqi government around 2003.

5. .
    September 3, 2012

SouthAmerica: The United States is in the process of starting another Vietnam, but this time around in South America.

We have discussed a lot over the years at Brazzil magazine the subject of other countries trying to take control of the natural resources of Brazil in one way or another.

On this blog I am consolidating some of the information that I had posted on various locations on the web, but they cover about the same subject matter.

Over 3 years ago I started the discussion on Brazzil magazine about how the United States will turn South America into another Vietnam - It's just a matter of time.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

http://newvietnaminsouthamerica.blogspot.com/2012/09/new-vietnam-in-south-america_2.html

Note: I don't know why there was a double posting of my blog, and I deleted the wrong one.

Here is the link to the above blog.

6. jem

jem

7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

8. September 4, 2012

SouthAmerica: Jem, the Brazilian economy is in the right path to restructure itself by lifting the boats of millions of Brazilians at a sustainable growth rate.

A combination of the quality of life, and standard of living is what is important in Brazil - the Brazilian government is trying to do the best they can based on common sense and long term sustainable growth - even if such growth is only 1 percent per year.

In the United States they have been living in La La Land for a long time with expectation of having growth rates of 5 percent per year - year after year.....

That mentality took the US economy to the poorhouse, today we have a bankrupt country in every sense - with a collapsing, obsolete and aging infrastructure around the country, a pile of debt sky-high, a declining quality of life and standard of living for most of the population, and a future that looks very bleak at best.

The US capitalist and economic system model is very obvious it is completely obsolete - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out - for all practical purposes the US capitalist and economic system died a sudden death in the Summer/Fall of 2008 - since then we have a system that has been in critical condition, and have been kept alive based on heavy US government intervention, market maniputation, and all kinds of artificial stuff to keep the patient alive another day.

It is nothing to write home about it!!!!!!!

The US capitalist and economic system model it is completely broken, and Americans don't have a clue on how to fix it. The US corporations have trillions of US dollars parked in the sidelines waiting to enter the game, the US has a real unemployment rate of around 20 percent (and half of this human capital has at least a college degree) - the US dying system laidoff 7,000 highly educated human capital from NASA, because Americans run out of ideas just about regarding everything.

And Americans are arrogant and they want to export to the rest of the world this very sick and dying economic and financial system.

Today the United States social, economic, and financial system is just a shadow of its glorious past - it's a system that is on its death bed, dying slowly and waiting to pass away.

9. September 4, 2012

SouthAmerica: Reply to gwb-trading

gwb-trading, take a look at the latest "Bloomberg Businessweek" dated September 3 - September 9, 2012. - Go to page 14 and you see a picture of former president Bill Clinton addressing a group of banker's and he said the following: "If I were sitting in a room betting on the future of rising countries, I'd bet on Brazil first."

Bill Clinton has a lot of first rate connections around the world, and he knows what is happening in many countries around the world.

Regarding the tax system I agree with you that Brazil has to up date its entire tax system to support its goals of restructuring the Brazilian economy, and taking in consideration sustainable economic growth and high quality of life and improving standard of living in Brazil.

10. That's completely false.

Very few brazilians are participating in the economy. The so called middle class is expanding not due to a rising income or standard of living but because the government just lowers the income level of the standard.

The vast majority of Brazilians live in poverty barely getting by. That's why you cannot go anywhere without being propositioned by 10 prostitutes and crime is completely out of control.

Until Brazil gets it's act together and opens up their economy I wouldn't bet on them. Without energy and agriculture Brazil is nothing.

Sorry but it's true.

#10     Sep 4, 2012