New Trading Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TTStocks, Oct 17, 2016.

1. TTStocks

TTStocks

I am looking to purchase a new computer for Trading. Can anyone recommend a company that sell already built machines at competitive prices

2. NoBias

NoBias

Hooter likes this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Since you are young, don't know your trading experience, but if starting out, cheap is best, ebay. What is most important is ram and internet speed for day trading.

4. Any computer will essentially do for trading.--these kind of computer/tech questions are weird...trading is not a complicated/advanced thing to do, tech-wise o_O:confused:

...Just make sure you have any relatively modern, half-decent, computer that was purchased within the last four years or so.
    Buy a Real computer though -- not one of those $200 Google books just meant for lightly browsing the web.

Handle123, Tim Smith and comagnum like this.
  5. There's really no such thing as a 'trading computer'

Get at least a quad core, and a decent video card. No need to pay big money.

I'm still using a 5 year old box that handles EVERYTHING I throw at it.

comagnum likes this.
  6. just21

just21

7. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Build your own PC, you will gain a lot from the experience and it works out a lot cheaper.

Alpha Trader, ajcrshr and masterm1ne like this.
  8. I recently bought a refurb laptop for about 800$, normally retail around 1k from dell. Working great. You can also build a solid PC that works for years with 800$

Depends on your trading style tho, my laptop burn up when doing 20 charts. But I'm back down to 5 now. 20 is too much anyway. I'll never get those guys with 6 monitors and 30 charts, no way you can readily read all of it

9. Best "bang for your buck" would be a 2-3 year old workstation from Dell, HP, or Lenovo.

Companies that sell "trading computers" hose you on the price.

Deuteronomy_24_7 likes this.
  10. Yes, but.... (1) you have to deal with compatibility of all the parts... may or may not be an issue, and (2) you have to deal with each part's individual warranty, should that become necessary.

Personally, I prefer the workstation route... Dell, HP, or Lenovo.

#10     Oct 18, 2016