New strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ddav, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

I got this new strategy and ran it on Tradestation to evaluate it. I am very new to this and do not want the wool to be pulled over my eyes. I have been told to avoid the bad strategies out there, so I wanted some help in evaluating this new strategy called "Perfect symmetry to the tick". A resent profit report generated by Trade station with commission and 2 tick slippage removed is posted below. It is on non backtested data in real time collection mode. I am concerned with the low .92 average win/loss ratio.

I guess it will not post, so to type it. TNP=$30K PF= 5.04 %profitable= 81.78% ratio win/los= 1.12, but only .92 of shorts
    Annual rate of return= 2246.18%
    net profit as % of drawdown = 2029.65%

That is a summary.

Below is a pic of a Tradestation dome with the strategy.

Since it will not post either, the summary is entered at 710.90 in TF and ran past 713.90 today before it issued the first sell sig of the day, but it missed the bottom by 2 whole ticks.

Does anyone think I should actually buy this strategy with these poor results so far? Thank you in advance.

2. ddav

ddav

Trying to post missing pic above.

3. ddav

ddav

First sell sig of the day pic. Still trying to learn how this works. Please be patient.

4. Very poor results...low profit factor and annual return...I would pay $1 for this strategy...or 30 rubles to be exact...

5. ddav

ddav

Thank you bashatrader. I thought that an Annual Rate of Return less than 3000% probably wasn't worth 30 rubles as you said. Any other thoughts?

6. ddav

ddav

This is the best that the strategy could do after fed announcement today. Miss by 6 ticks.

7. I would think that a system that implied "perfection" and "exactness" (i.e: "to the tick") with its title would send anybody with a shred of common sense screaming for the exits.

Do not pass "GO", do not spend your $200.

8. ddav

ddav

Thank you Go...... I am only evaluating it. Any other thoughts?

9. ddav

ddav

It missed the top by 5 ticks. See pics. Not very good is it?

10. ddav

ddav

Still trying to get this correct. Please be patient.
    It missed the top by 5 ticks. See pics. Not very good is it?

#10     Nov 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.