New state-of-the-art web-based trading platform

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by syswizard, Oct 4, 2010.

1. http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/financial/youre****/getstarted

This appears to be one of the first trading platforms to take advantage of all of the new Web 2.0 technologies that basically make the browser's interface equivalent to a Windows desktop app.
    This must have cost them a fortune to build.

One question I have: does it support custom-made indicators and/or custom-made signals ? i.e. is it "programmable" ?

2. slacker

slacker

What an overengineered POS.....

Take some 2002 technology and $100k of stock video and great marketing text such as:

"Meet the new generation of financial professionals. They embrace technology and have a mindset that transcends social, geographic and language boundaries.

They succeed because they have the intellect, the agility, the information and the network to see and seize the opportunities....."

What bullshit, so trading is no longer profitable so lets move into pure fantasy.....

Thanks for posting...

3. Nice concept.
    Too much information though.

4. this is not web 2.0 it is adobe flash

5. http://thomsonreuters.com/products_services/financial
    Sorry guys...here is the correct link.
    They encoded the old link I had posted and I missed that.

Re: Adobe Flash - yes, the ADVERTISEMENTS for the product are Flash, but the internals of the product are not. It they were, then the whole thing would effectively be a bullshit "facade".

6. Would be even nicer it they included PRICEphysics buy/sell points on the charts. :cool:

7. What bullshit, so trading is no longer profitable so lets move into pure fantasy.....

Thanks for posting...

Trading was never profitable for the masses. Less than 5% make the kind of money one dreams of. 10% may make a decent living, the rest...loose.

nothing new.

8. Does anybody know if it's cold at the South Pole?

9. Not in there lifetime. :D

#10     Oct 4, 2010