New Interactive Brokers fee

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by skif, Oct 30, 2009.

1. skif

skif

Oct 30, 2009

Market Data Revision - CBOE & OneChicago

Continuing the recent trend in which market data vendors have begun to reorganize their quote services into a series of separate subscription offerings, the CBOE and CME Group have each announced changes to their offerings which IB, as a re-distributor of this data, is obligated to reflect in the subscriptions made available to our clients. These changes, scheduled to go into effect November 1, 2009, are as follows:

CBOE
    The CBOE has created a new subscription service titled Market Data Express Indices which will provide quotes for all CBOE proprietary and Standard & Poor's licensed indices (approximately 50, in aggregate). Both non-professional subscribers who currently obtain this data through the US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle and professional subscribers who obtain this data through the US Options Exchanges Professional subscription will need to subscribe to Market Data Express Indices prior to November 1, 2009 in order to ensure continuity of service. This new subscription will be provided free of charge through the remainder of 2009 after which point the monthly fee for all subscribers will be USD 2. It should also be noted that this change solely impacts index quotes and does not impact the subscription election for options.

CME Group
    The CME Group has created a new subscription service titled OneData which will provide quotes for all OneChicago futures products. Both non-professional subscribers who currently obtain this data through the US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle and professional subscribers who obtain this data through the US Commodities Exchanges Professional OneData prior to November 1, 2009 in order to ensure continuity of service. This new subscription is priced at 1 USD per month.

Interactive Brokers Market Data Services

2. travis

travis

I logged into my account, went to Trading Access, then Market Data Subscriptions, but those names are not there for me to select and subscribe. Can anyone please help me?

Right now, all I see is this:

and then others, but definitely non-related.

3. travis

travis

Wow, problem solved, but only because I was lucky I looked into my Message Center (I was going to write them a ticket), since I didn't get an email correcting the previous one.

4. drmayer

drmayer

Travis, How did you subscribe to Market Data Express Indices? Can't see how to do it, even from IB Messages.
    Thanks,
    Drew

5. travis

travis

Right, I was having the same problem, not finding how to subscribe to the mentioned "OneData" and "Market Data Express Indices" subscription services. But then I saw their latest message, quoted above, saying it will actually start a month from now, and probably that is why we were having problems subscribing.

However, in their new message, they also changed the name of one of the services, from "OneData" to "OCX.Data", which does show on the list, along with "Market Data Express Indices Non-Professional"...

Actually, I just went back there and subscribed. It works perfectly. It says that OCX will cost you 1 dollar beginning on December 1st. And the other service will cost you 2 dollars beginning in January 2010.

6. drmayer

drmayer

Thanks Travis,
    I've now subscribed as you did to Market Data Express Indices & OCX. Is OCX the one that keeps CBOE indices coming? Because it costs $1 whereas CBOE Indices are supposed to cost $2/mo. Or has that CBOE election not shown up yet on the list?

What is OCX?

Maybe for another thread...
    Does anyone know how far back the Reuters Fundamental history goes? Can it be downloaded to be crunched with 3rd party analysis programs? Anyone been using it?

7. travis

travis

As they say in their email, Market Data Express Indices & OCX are the new subscription services for CBOE and CME ("OneChicago" in their second message) data. Their subscription service "US Securities & Commodities Non-Professional Bundle" doesn't cover the CBOE and CME (a.k.a. "OneChicago") anymore, so we have to subscribe to them separately.

8. Guys read carefully:

"the CBOE and OneChicago have each announced changes to their offerings which IB, as a re-distributor of this data, is obligated to reflect in the subscriptions made available to our clients."

The title of this thread is misleading.

9. pspr

pspr

Remind me November 30th. :cool:

#10     Nov 6, 2009