New Collective2 "Trade Leader" Feature

Discussion in 'Events' started by francis1, May 18, 2015.

1. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

C2 now supports publishing your manual trades as trading system signals. No need to learn a new strategy language, no need to learn a new platform: you can use your broker's trading platform to place orders in your live brokerage account and your positions will be published as a Trade Leader on C2. You can then use C2 as a private result tracking tool, lease your trading system to C2's 70,000+ members, or even offer it for free if you want.

Best of all, you can Autotrade other C2 strategies in the same account at the same time. You can also publish trades generated by 3rd party software that run your strategy if the trades are placed in your live account.

Oh and it's FREE!

We support Rithmic, CTS (T4), CQG, GAIN, FXCM, Interactive Brokers, MBTrading, and OptionsHouse (tradeMONSTER).

https://collective2.com/leader/intro

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    md2324 likes this.
  2. Sergio77

Sergio77

Excellent idea!

Question: Are the equity curves listed in C2 from hypothetical backtesting results? I got spam email from a guy with systems named after singers and when I looked at the equity curves they appeared to me highly overfitted backtests.

3. Could be the classic scam:

Open 64 IB accounts running different trading systems, with negative correlation
    Wait a month. Close the ~32 accounts that have lost money
    Wait a month. Close the ~16 accounts that have lost money
    After ~7 months you have one account that's traded perfectly

Submit the account trades to C2. Job done.

GAT

4. gkishot

gkishot

What if some one wants to publish equity curve and statistics only to non-subscribers, not the trades and positions?

5. Collective2

Collective2 Sponsor

On Collective2, paying subscribers (or subscribers to strategies that are free) see all open positions in real-time. (That's what subscribers are paying for, after all.)

But if you are not a subscriber, you will not see open positions. The strategy manager can also set a delay to hide even closed positions from non-subscribers (up to 72 hours).

But since the platform is designed to be highly transparent, you can't hide closed positions or your trade-by-trade track record forever. Once a trade is closed, it becomes visible (subject to a delay period set by the manager, as described above.)

6. Collective2

Collective2 Sponsor

I know which system developer you are talking about. The data on C2 is go-forward data. In other words, a system publisher is not allowed to construct some kind of amazing curve-fitted backtest system and then submit those backtest results to C2.

Rather, system creators must actually call their trades, in real time; and we track the performance on a go-forward basis.

In addition, you can click on each trade data line (make sure you select "Show more details" mode) and then you can see the actual real-life brokerage fills from all the AutoTraders who follow a system.

All this being said, from a regulatory point of view, the data on C2 must still be regarded as hypothetical, because (among other reasons) there is no single real-life trading account that looks exactly like the C2 Model Account in question.

7. gkishot

gkishot

Yes, excellent way for non-subscribers to dissect and study trader's methodology.

8. xandman

xandman

You should rank leaders according to number of subscribers. Just like AUM, number of subs is an indicator (although lagging) of the amount of scrutiny and consistency of performance the trader has.

9. Sergio77

Sergio77

"Rather, system creators must actually call their trades, in real time; and we track the performance on a go-forward basis."

Do you allow system developers to call trades with entry at the closing price?

10. Collective2

Collective2 Sponsor

I'm not 100% certain I understand your question, but if you are asking:

"Can system developers submit orders to Collective2 that specify, 'Exit my position at the market's closing price?'"

- then the answer is, yes.

We have a feature called Park-until Orders which allow you to specify a time of day at which an order should be executed. So, you could enter an order and Park Until 16:00, for example.

#10     May 24, 2015