New CNBC Format - Big Mistake

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Choad, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Choad

Choad

I admit it, I still watch CNBC. They sometimes have interesting guests and some of the chicks are okay looking.

But I just turned to Bloomberg. The new CNBC format is a POS. I can barely see the tickers, Haines looks very uncomfortable on the Floor and just doesn't fit in, the Squawk show is clunky and the guyz have to turn around backwards to chat...the whole thing just sux.

Probably most of you guys have long ago turned to Bloomy, or just turned it off. Seems like the way to go.

2. jsmooth

jsmooth

The look is pretty bad.....I turned it on and thought i was watching a science fiction movie with all the sound effects and graphics they added between everything.

3. Yeah, haven't watched cnbc in years, just turned it on to see the new format. I agree it's terrible; looks like they're broadcasting on some high-UHF channel. The ticker would be ok were they bcasting in HD.

4. now we get more of the most annoying guy on squwak. joe kernan.

5. horrid.. just horrid...

WARNING: If you are prone to epileptic seizures please refrain from watching CNBC... thank you.

6. But Rick Santelli, the bond buy, knows what he's talking about.

Generally they play too much background music, even when the reporter is talking, like when they ready the top of the hour headlines. Too much 'wakawakakwaka.'

CNBC- "Turn it on for the news, watch it for the chicks."

7. I just turned it on too. I caught the earlier one, with Becky, Joe and Carl, and some other dude. I find the top ticker too hard to read, I have to make an effort to read it.

The 3D charts - a little much. And the background music while the chart is up - what's up with that! Just annoying.

They are doing this stand up thing. Joe looked like he didn't know what to do with his hands while he was standing. And his posture has a slouch to it like he's been sitting way to long in that chair of his.

I just saw Tyler Matheson(sp?) - holy crap, seriously, full body shots are NOT a good idea. He definitely needs to hit the gym.

8. EXACTLY
    was going to start a thread and have emailed them already

LET'S ALL EMAIL CNBC TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEIR NEW TICKER SUCKS !
    THIS TICKER IS PROBABLY THE MOST USEFUL INFO YOU GET WATCHING CNBC!

9. what is the email addy for squwak?

10. Oh and another thing, while Joe was standing and talking he was trying to point to the chart on the lower right of the screen, the chart was NOT readable. It was way too small and I believe the background was transparent so the chart contrast was crap.

#10     Dec 19, 2005