Never checked until now, but there are 57 ETers following my posts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Scataphagos, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Well... (1) I'm a bit flattered. (2) They're likely smart for doing so.

Why?

#1... in the political forum, I'm a patriot. I served in the military during wartime and am an advocate of the US Constitution, 100%. That means, I HATE THE LEFT... I HATE THE DEMOCRATS... who have adopted the HATE AMERICA platform... and who are attempting to destroy the US and transform us into an Globalist/Communist-like totalitarianism!!

#2... I'm more "market savvy" than most. I've had waaaayy more success in the markets than almost everyone on ET. I've got no agenda. I'm not getting anything from anybody. I don't wish to bluster my own image or deceive anyone for the satisfaction of my own ends or ego. I don't seek anyone "singing my praises" or sending me money. (That said... making money in the markets is not about "nailing it every time"... no trader does that. It's more about "catching some without taking large losses".) So... if I post something about the markets or trading, wise traders should at least objectively consider it.

FWIW...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. I wonder how many of them are DHS personnel keeping tabs on you.

3. themickey

themickey

Dangerous words!
    Pride goes before a fall.
    However, I wish you well.

4. True dat!

But in addition to other I did win a national, year-long real-money investing championship (results published in Barrons and IBD) starting with a $500K account... and earned ~$2MM in management fees from new clients over the next couple of years for doing so.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Clubber Lang and themickey like this.
  5. I don't post much about trades other than my disdain for "volume considerations"... but because I ran my mouth earlier, I'm reiterating what I recall to be my most recent post about the market.

"... 1. [OP said] "trend down, fundamentally"....

[I said] Seems so, but bull markets are notorious for ignoring/deflecting/"fighting-off" negatives "up to a point" before topping ... sometimes for quite a while.

Could be that "2x matched high" in the Dow was in fact, IT! [edit.. "bull market tops are made of such things..."] But it's only one of a few possible/reasonable reads at this time, IMV... (10/23... I'm still not pounding the table about the 2x Dow high, but it's looking more like it.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 #3 Oct 15, 2018..."

A couple of other things I've said before also applicable to this time....

1. "It usually doesn't pay to get bearish until the market does something that is bearish". What would that be? "It would be bearish if the markets closed and held below the lows of February". The broad US markets haven't done that... yet. However the Emerging Markets and China have. US Homebuilders have significantly diverged from the general markets. Same thing happened in 2007, so worth taking note. And US small caps, which had been leading the market higher, have recently started to lead lower on this decline since Oct 1.

2. The "high profile" views on the markets are still mixed. BofA came out yesterday with their list of bull/bear considerations. There are 19 of them, and 14 are already in the bearish column. Their conclusion... "21 months to go before the markets peak". Some have already concluded, "the top is in". Story a couple of days ago on Bloomberg, "Hedge managers expect a year-end rally and plan to sell into it." And one is even expecting a "melt-up... where the Nasdaq rallies 100% or more".... a final blow-off top. He's claiming so "just because it always happens to end a bull market". Surprisingly, I can see a fundamental reason for it as money may leave other markets and come to the US in a "flight to quality".... not to mention the real possibility the Fed backs off of their rate increases for a while and jawbones the markets up. Frankly, I'd like to see it. Don't expect to see that, but keeping an open mind so far.

So... that's up to date on what I think are important considerations at this time.

KISS, as always. Good Luck.

:)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  6. RRY16

RRY16

Did you bring back any rum during the invasion of Grenada?

destriero likes this.
  7. #1 Dude, if you hate the majority of your country, you are not a patriot, you are a national security risk.

#2 As Gnome years ago you seemed bright enough, often a balanced view of life. Something has changed.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  8. His trading-related observations have merit, but he has otherwise lost his mind when Obama became president. He hasn't gotten better since. It seems to have left a mark.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  9. Guys like Scat with an attitude of destroy all liberals remind me of the two guys on the single palm tree island cartoons.

[​IMG]

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  10. Ah, The Far Side. That was my favorite newspaper comic strip. The guy was inspired.

#10     Oct 25, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.