need programmer

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by GCtrader, Sep 15, 2016.

1. GCtrader

GCtrader

need programmer to help write trading algos and stats. on all markets

2. plenty of them on the web - from A to Z

3. You going to trade stocks or futures? if stocks, another ET member gave me this company: Quantopian

I went on their site and it looked pretty good for stock trading.

4. I have programmers here working for me in the Philippines that could do it

5. birzos

birzos

That would all depend on what level you need: architects (80-100%); process based (60-80%); technology based (40-60%); nearshore (20-40%); offshore (0-20%). They go from the most expensive down, it's based on percentage of experience. An architect will tell you the flaws in your strategy just looking at it for an hour or two before you even start to do the programming, an offshore is cheap and will just do what you tell them with no concern for the end result.

The pricing is more or less in bands so for high quality in the upper range: $30-50/hr for offshore (15-20%); $70-100 nearshore; $150-200 technology; $300-500 process; $700-1,000 architect. For mid-quality you start at $15-20 and upwards (7-10%), for low quality $7-10/hr and upwards (3-5%), and that is how it works.

VPhantom likes this.
  6. GCtrader

GCtrader

I have various strategies I want to automate on European equities as well as some NA markets. Don't know anything about programming - need someone reliable with the good work ethic that will work for a profit share.

7. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

It won't be easy. There's a reason why traders learn the programming themselves.

8. GCtrader

GCtrader

I know, that's why if I offer profit sharing there will be incentive for all parties involved.

9. jj90

jj90

I'm a ex trader who now works in tech. I've coded up my own system and hooked it up to IB's API. I'm not interested in this project, but have friends/contacts in industry who might be interested. Here's a few things you should know:

1)Drop your attitude - anyone with coding ability you need them more then they need you. You will need to communicate your ideas like talking to a 5 year old.

2)Any non compete or disclosure is going to be almost impossible to enforce. You will always run the risk of them walking with your strategy.

3)Have your performance and documentation ready and practice your selling skills. Any sharp coder isn't gonna want to work for profit sharing(aka sweat equity) unless your an amazing salesman. I charge hourly as will most.

10. GCtrader

GCtrader

Thanks jj90, although I didn't realize I was giving any attitude. I am aware of the risks involved with hiring a programmer but I believe it is still worth a shot. I have personally been successful day trading for 12 years now and my name and story is well known in the prop firm I work for. If you can kindly have the people you think would be interested in this project it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

#10     Sep 16, 2016