Need help with the C.F.A.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lasner, Sep 16, 2007.

1. lasner

lasner

I'm just starting to study the C.F.A. and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to study for it. I know when I studied for the series 7 I read the book but mainly did practice questions. Should I do this for the C.F.A. as well.

What were the important topics to study for the C.F.A

Any help would be appreciated

2. Read books AND do practice questions and you will be set - I used Stalla

You will get a couple random questions but you can do process of elimination and get it down to 50/50

The CFA guide will show you how the exam is weighted across topics

For level I, ethics, econ, stat and portfolio mgmt are free points

3. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums

I found this other website to be helpful. I just finished the program. I used Schweser to pass all three exams. The main thing is to make sure you know something about every topic. They like to test on everything.

4. lasner

lasner

Isn't the exam weighted like the series 7? I know with the 7 was all options and bonds questions...is the CFA the same?

How hard is the program I heard isn't really tough. How much harder is it than the 7?

Thanks for responding back

5. CFA covers more topics than Series 7. It is more difficult although most of the subject material is not complex. The sheer volume of the readings is the hardest part to overcome.

6. Only level 2 is challenging. You will do fine.

QUOTE]Quote from lasner:

I'm just starting to study the C.F.A. and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to study for it. I know when I studied for the series 7 I read the book but mainly did practice questions. Should I do this for the C.F.A. as well.

What were the important topics to study for the C.F.A

Any help would be appreciated
    [/QUOTE]