Need advice on creating LIVE trading history for prop firm..

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Traderbudwig, Jun 10, 2020.

1. I am in an interview process with a prop firm. Great firm that I want to work with. My trading history is a bit dated (2018) and they have asked me for 2 months of LIVE trading results. I do not presently have a retail account but I do have funds available to do this with.

Details:
    This will entail 8-10 round trip trades per day in EQUITIES (no option trading).
    I will need Longs and Shorts (don't even know if you can do this in a retail account?)
    I will need at least 4 to 1 on capital (I cannot show them results on 20 share lots)

Questions:
    what is the best way to do this?
    is there any way around the round trip rule?
    are there ways to get more than 4 to 1 as a retail account?

Any input much appreciated!

2. Overnight

Overnight

Couldn't you just send them statements from your live 2018 trading?

Sekiyo and ps0013 like this.
  3. that was at a prop firm that no longer exists.

I have only ever traded options at a retail firm. So just looking to learn here.

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Open two accounts, buy in one account, sell in the other and vice versa. Send them the profitable account.

kinglion likes this.
  5. Chliskip

Chliskip

This is the right way to do it.

6. traderjo

traderjo

That may not work... if market whipsaws then both account P/L may look similar!
    If it was that easy everybody would do it ! and get selected

7. Focusing on the fact that the prop traders would only get paid if they acquire profits, it is always important to make every move safely. What is effective here is that the firm trading costs is quite lower in comparison to making personal trading. So, it could be a safe start, but still getting the required training for it is necessary.