Nasdaq Routes Information

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Bandal, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bandal

Bandal

Hi,

a broker told me all his routes available at the moment for trading Us stocks:

I'm interested only in Nasdaq routes; I know someone ( as ARCA BATS EDGA EDGX NSDQ for example)..but the list is very long...I don't know many of them

Where can I find a site with a global list relating to the Liquidity rebates and charges provided by the ECNs? ONLY NASDAQ ROUTES? or have I to refer to each ECNs' website for their current rates? but I can't find many of them..

here the list :

Here are all the routes available at the moment :
    ALGO
    ARCA
    ARCA=
    ARCAALO
    ARCAMPL
    ARCAPOP
    ARDOX
    AROUC
    AROUD
    AROUZ
    ASRDOT
    ASROUT
    ASROUX
    ASURDOX
    ASUROUT
    ASUROUX
    AXFINDER
    BATS
    BATSALIQ
    BATSARCA
    BATSCINX
    BATSDS
    BATSNSDQ
    BATSONLY
    BATSWEEP
    EDGA
    EDGX
    GETCO
    LEVEL
    LEVELIOC
    LEVELMP
    MLNM
    MLNMDOT
    NIX
    NIXDARK
    NSDQ
    NSDQADOT
    NSDQBX
    NSDQDDOT
    NSDQIO
    NSDQMDOT
    NSDQMOPP
    NSDQSCAN
    NSDQSTGY
    RDOX
    ROLF
    ROUC
    ROUD
    ROUZ
    SMART
    SMARTEDGE
    SMARTMID
    SRDOT
    SRDOX
    SROUT
    SROUX
    STEALTH
    STRIKE
    SURDOX
    SUROUT
    SUROUX
    SWIPE
    TRAC
    TRIM
    XFINDER

Thank you for your help

2. Occam

Occam

That's a pretty long list -- what, may I ask, is the broker you're using? And are all those available to you now, or upon request?

I think that those are broker- or platform-specific routes that specify particular order types; this is done using FIX flags behind the scenes, but some brokers/platforms don't want to implement all the possible flags in their user interface and/or API.

3. Bob111

Bob111

65! US market is FUBAR

4. I'm not sure what you say by only nasdaq routes.

But anything with the prefix NASD is for nasdaq. The ending describes the routing strategy.

5. Bandal

Bandal

Thank you for replying..

This is not my broker but a proprietary firm..

I've never traded with prop. only retail US firms; I know perfectly the difference between retail and prop... mostly no SIPC protection fund fees charged.. and all other ... but I'm only inquiring about them because they have a lot of routes and the lowest commissions I've got either per share or per trade; so I'm very curious but I'm very cautious...
    thanks