Nasdaq-100 component weights

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Feb 24, 2009.

1. nitro

nitro

I used to get the component weights from indexarb.com, but it looks like the Nasdaq has forced them to remove this information from their website.

Does anyone know of a website where I can get the NDX component weights?

Thank you.

2. I used to use those also. NASDAQ now sells that info for $10K a year, not for redistribution, the greedy bastards, last time I looked. Must have been too many of us using it for nefarious gain. I have considered calculating it from 100 simultaneous linear equations, but I don't need it that bad, haha! Afraid I'd get it coded only to find that Excel choked on it.

3. nitro

nitro

4. That's not the same thing. If you are going to use it in an NDX calculation you need the weighted market caps. That's what you have to pay for.

5. nitro

nitro

Right. I know.

6. No offense meant, Nitro, I know you are smarter than me!

7. nitro

nitro

8. nitro

nitro

No offense taken. I really appreciate when someone takes the time to respond constructively to one of my questions.

9. I remember reading about the proprietary weightings and thought I just misunderstood something...

Spreadsheet attached with the weights from the Invesco site, as well as formulas that import the last trade value from think or swim.

#10     Feb 24, 2009