my wife went fucking crazy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Optional, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Been happily married for 12 years now to a wonderful super sweet woman. She works hard, takes care of her man, great mom, super loving lady.

In the last month or so, she is starting to unravel mentally. She has always been a bit obsessive and emotional, but nothing persistant or out of the ordinary. She's a chick, right? She's seriously the most normal chick I know.

Make a long story short, she was describing her rare obsessive episodes to a family member and that family member suggest she go into therapy. I was completely against it because I understand what head shrinkers can do, but more importantly, I didn't think her episodes were anything more than common worry or anxiety.

Since she started taking the therapy, against my wishes but I told her to do what she likes, she has deteriorated. She is claiming to have terrible thoughts in her head which she can't shake. She has recently been having some serious stomach abdominal and vaginal area issues which are causing discomfort but not pain. Its not a urinary infection or STD so don't bother with that. She's depressed and crying and she can't get the thoughts out of her head.

Obviously its causing problems between us. And I'm not really sure what to do.

Have any of you guys seen your wives do a total 180? What did you do? Leave? Take a break? Threaten? I've been comforting and understanding for a few weeks now, but I'm afraid I'm going to lose it. We have 2 younger children which makes this harder.

Appreciate any advice.

2. How old is she? Maybe menopause.

3. I was thinking the same thing..... It is weird how nutty women go when they are going through this....

4. is she religious. that crap screws up minds?

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

chemical imbalance in the brain? ... try Prozac

6. If she deteriorated after going to the shrink, I would take a long hard look at it. The wrong one can do more harm than good. The problem could be a depressive episode, in which case she will need your support. JMHO and good luck.

7. Not menopause age, or even close. Not religious. And absolutely no prescription drugs because I would be gone faster than she could blink.

Yes, women are crazy, but this is the most sane and normal woman that you could ever meet. Until she met a therapist.

She has had rough periods of her life, but that was before we met. And we are going through a transition now as we are considering moving, which I know is stressful for her.

8. Maybe this therapist has somehow unlocked some deep subconscious issues and released them into her (and your) conscious life?

9. Illum

Illum

She might not be going crazy, she may not deal with stress well. That can build.

"Until she met a therapist."

Obviously... remove that variable quickly. Tell her you heard amazing things about this other one, blah blah. Send her to one who doesn't blab on about dreams and prescribe pills. One that can help her deal with stress, the everyday junk that everyone gets, but that might not be getting processed right.

Good luck man, sorry things aren't well at the moment.

10. fhl

fhl

If she's thinking the wrong thoughts, she needs to start thinking the right thoughts, right? Sounds simple, but some therapist may just be getting her to think about how her father yelled at her or some other ridiculous thing.

Get out the bible and start her in reading the epistle of John. That will get her thinking right.

Ignore the idiots around here that make idiotic remarks about the bible. If you want your wife to think like them, then listen to their advice on what to do. LOL

If you want your wife to begin getting her mind off of herself and how awful she thinks her life is, then she needs to have before her eyes something that initiates thinking about helping others . That's what the bible will do for her, and that's what she needs. If she needs medication during the process, that's ok, but the end game is thinking right, not thinking wrong and taking meds to cover it up.

#10     Dec 16, 2009