My Plan For Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Murtha's second act
    By Robert D. Novak
    Thursday, June 22, 2006

On NBC's "Meet the Press" last Sunday, Rep. John Murtha repeated his call for "redeploying" U.S. troops from Iraq with something new—and disturbing to fellow Democrats. Asked by moderator Tim Russert about sites for redeployment, Murtha replied: "We can go to Okinawa. ... We can redeploy there almost instantly."

When Russert expressed doubt about "a timely response" from Okinawa to meet a Middle East crisis, the 16-term congressman from western Pennsylvania and new national security spokesman for his party stumbled: "Well, it—you know, they—when I say Okinawa, I, I'm saying troops in Okinawa. When I say a timely response, you know, our fighters can fly from Okinawa very quickly. And—and—when they don't know we're coming."

In fact, a Pentagon spokesman says it would take "under a month" to send a 4,500-man Marine Expeditionary Force 6,000 nautical miles from Okinawa to Bahrain and then 600 more miles to Baghdad.

Murtha's Okinawa answer embarrassed Democratic House members who would not dream of criticizing publicly the former backroom pol who became an icon to the party's antiwar base last November by calling for an immediate troop withdrawal. His performance on "Meet the Press" reinforced dismay inside the party that Murtha, at age 74, has announced his candidacy for majority leader if the Democrats regain control of the House in the 2006 elections.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/RobertDNovak/2006/06/22/murthas_second_act

#11     Jul 27, 2006
  2. I'll tell you why Z10, per usual you have zero common sense like most liberals.

Bush can't stand up and say he was wrong because it will weaken the morale of the troops, make the US look weak in the face of the savages and the conflict is still rages on.

He can't say he was wrong for the same reason why Clinton denied the Sudan offered Bin laden to him and admitted he should have intervened in which the Rwandan genocide occured where 750,000 people were killed and he watched.

He didn't admit he was wrong until much much later and Bush will probably do the same.

Far more people died under the peace and prosperity of the Clinton years than Bush but nobody cares. Unfortunately it's Americans dying now for a bunch of arabs.

#12     Jul 27, 2006
  3. 100% strawman bullshit.

Telling the truth is what people want to hear, not more face saving spin...

#13     Jul 27, 2006
  4. Strawmen, red herring ahhhhh

In a world where an admission like that didn't cause reprecussions and didn't empower the savages I would say you are right but you unfortunately can't grasp the consequences of such an admission.

I'm all for our gov't taking responsibility but to admit it while the war still continues is short sighted and stupid.

#14     Jul 27, 2006
  5. Any plan, for any war, should include publicly mourning our fallen soldiers. To hide them away like the Bush Administration has done is a testament to just how screwed up this whole ordeal has been from the very beginning. War is unseemly at best and any potential chickenhawk should be faced with flag draped coffins to remind him of the REAL cost of a war. Some wars are unavoidable and worth it, others are the adventures of fools. I doubt very seriously that the public recognition of the fallen troops in Israel will deter their country one bit. That's because the war makes sense and is thus unavoidable despite the pain. the worst thing that can happen is for war and death to become anti-septic. It aint freakin x-box. Let the bastards keep you in the dark and feed you shit if you will.

#15     Jul 27, 2006
  6. As if all the BS tough cowboy talk from Bush has in any way intimidated the enemy.

You clearly don't get it....

Our soldiers are dying to preserve our pride?

Geez, how moronic...

#16     Jul 27, 2006
  7. Again, you just can't grasp the concept. Liberal common sense definciency.

We admit we were wrong and the savages feel as though they can beat us. If they feel they can beat us they attack us on other fronts.

To simplify the concept: The savages will feel stronger and bolder. Then maybe they start attacking embassies all over the world take hostages, maybe even start civil wars in other countries to set up more terror states. Kind of like Somalia now.

Do I need to dumb it down anymore for you?

#17     Jul 27, 2006
  8. They are beating us....we are a laughingstock.

Doh!

It is the stupid chickenhawk ego driven cowboy mentality that got us into Iraq, ego, hubris, and not a sense of the real dangers.

This administration has been wrong, wrong, wrong...and now you think we are fooling anyone by saying "we are winning" you are nutz. People don't buy Bush's rhetoric one bit any more, except maybe brain damaged party loyalists. (yes, you dumbass dittoheaded Fox News Kool Aid drinking repugnantcons know who you are)

You think Bush has the balls to begin a draft tomorrow and send the necessary troops to Iraq to fight for people who hate us, who won't even fight for themselves, who want to kill each other?

Man, you izzzz cwaaaazy...

Bullcrap...

#18     Jul 27, 2006
  9. We aren't losing, it's the iraqis that will be the ultimate losers, we provided them with the opportunity and they couldn't do it or didnt' want to do it.

Again you just dont get it. To lose and to admit defeat are two totally different things. Think of when Isreal left parts of Palestine, they saw this as if they had forced them out and they felt empowere. It's the same idea.

The day after Bush gets out of office he should apologize to America and the world for this huge huge mistake.

#19     Jul 27, 2006
  10. We are winning?

ROTFLMAO....

Man, you are very confused...

#20     Jul 27, 2006