My market just went limit up

Discussion in 'Trading' started by filter_sweep, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Gonna have to call it an early night. First time I've seen Taiwan (STW) do this. Kinda sucks, I was hoping to take advantage of the volatility you US traders got to ride today. At least I wasn't short. :D

2. Errrr, never mind, it's jamming higher now. Guess they opened it up again after a 10 minute break. I need to go to the SGX website and read up on these rules. Taiwan's up ~9% right now.

3. From the SGX website for STW:

"Whenever the price moves by 7% in either direction, from the previous day's settlement price, trading at or within the price limit of 7% is allowed for the next 10 minutes (initial price limit). After this 10 minutes have elapsed, the intermediate price limit shall come into effect. The intermediate daily price limit shall be 10% above or below the previous day's settlement price. There shall be a further 10 minutes cooling-off period after the intermediate price limit of 10% has been reached. After this 10 minutes have elapsed, the final price limit shall come into effect. The final daily price limit shall be 15% above or below the previous day's settlement price. The final price limit shall apply for the remainder of the trading day. "