Multitimeframe drill down

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by junkone, Oct 10, 2019.

1. junkone

junkone

Is there any tool that allows for drill downs? for eg. i need a pane of daily bars and another pane of hourly bars. when i click on the daily bar, the hourly bars are shown for the same date.
    Any ideas.
    I use amibroker but there is no syncronization like this especially if i want to look at historical data.

2. ninjatrader

3. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Tradingview

4. Specterx

Specterx

Esignal

5. Tradestation with multiple windows open. On the hourly window activate the session breaks to show hours within the day

6. junkone

junkone

I played with it and could not find out how to do it

7. junkone

junkone

i am trying now. i have to load all the chart data and it does not refresh on drill down.

8. junkone

junkone

i live in toronto and TS is multiple steps away for me from licencing standpoint. will have to find otu how to get this

9. Gotcha junkone. Some folks online in Canada try Think or Swim. I don’t know much about it but it seems to have some good functionality. Might be worth a shot.

10. Overnight

Overnight

Do you mean synchronizing charts if you, say, highlight a section on one time-frame, it will reflect the same area on a different timeframe? If that is what you mean, I believe ninja does this with the global crosshair and linked workspace charts.

#10     Oct 10, 2019