Multiple Screens for Laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TraderJoes, Sep 26, 2014.

1. I wanted to share this new product that's going to be launched on Kickstarter.com on Oct. 7th, 2014.

http://www.packedpixels.com

I have not seen anything like this on the market. I have a 17" laptop and felt that I still needed more portable screen real estate. A lot of traders work with desktops, so this may not be an issue for them. However, to be able to carry around these screens in your laptop bag and have a whole wrap-around portable setup is godsend!

This looks like it will work with both Windows and MAC OS, so it is cross-platform compatible. The screens are the same ones used on the iPad based on what I am reading, so the resolution is amazing.

Finally, I am not affiliated with this vendor in any way, but I want their Kickstarter to be successful because this product will actually be taken from concept to production and then we can all have one (or two). If they don't meet their goal, then this just won't happen! So, join in please and buy into this Kickstarter. This is the perfect product for traders!

2. jamesmawm

jamesmawm

looks like air display on ipads with a fancy laptop mount

hope to see real dual monitors for laptops for real traders

[​IMG]

3. It's not an "air" connection. It's direct via either Thunderbolt, Displayport or USB. I emailed the vendor and he told me that the screens are the same used in the iPad, but that screen is used in a lot of tablets. The mount is simple, but I haven't seen a mount like that. The laptop image you show is pretty cool, but even that model is like 5 years old. I haven't seen a manufacturer come forward with a design like this since, but it would be ideal to actual have the screens built in like that. However, for now this product is about all I've seen. I think this is a great product and will buy into the kickstarter. I hope it gets funded or else there won't be anything like this for now.

4. IamaMars

IamaMars