Multiple monitor layout

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lukas, Sep 10, 2018.

1. lukas

lukas Guest

How would you lay out 4 24-inch monitors for your trading workstation?
    I am thinking about having two monitors horizontally in the middle plus one monitor on each side in a vertical position.
    Would a standard option of having all 4 monitors horizontally next to each other be any better?

2. rb7

rb7

Depends of what you do with your monitors, what you would display on each of them.
    Is 4 monitors what you really need?
    It's not a big deal to try each different setup a decide which one you prefer.

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. put them all vertical

4. Put them all horizontal!
    :D

5. Lol, i have 4 monitors across and it is to wide. i would put them in portrait mode for sure

6. maxinger

maxinger

small monitors are getting out dated.

Next time invest in bigger monitors like 32" or 40" monitors.

I have four 32" monitors all vertical.

Opteronion likes this.
  7. Consider odd angles. Through trial and error, I found that positioning monitors at the 45 degrees angle yields the most profitable trading results.

apdxyk and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  8. rb7

rb7

Wow! That must be cool...

Any pic that we can see your setup?

9. Disagree. For trading and multiple apps smaller monitors are way better than fewer larger screens. Any reasonable app fits on an at least 24inch screen. But you can much easier manage multiple apps on several screens than having to align multiple apps on 1 or 2 or so large screens. I have 7 22inch screens and 2 32 inch ones. Would not want to switch to larger displays. What's the benefit?

10. qxr1011

qxr1011

two on the trading desk and two at the toilet

one can can have 400 monitors, but still just two eyes....

#10     Sep 11, 2018