MSFT to pay 10 bil div - trading up$1 in Europe

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cdntrader, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Yes all Steves are the same cats for me :D

#11     Jul 5, 2003
  2. I think that they didn't like that Billy tried a few years ago to break the monopole of satellits they are punishing him perhaps :D although it was under his own name not under Microsoft Banner. I think he had guessed that the monopole of Telecom will swallow also the software area. It is so funny that people believe to the fairy tale about the monopoly battle against Microsoft whereas it hides a bigger monopoly project than ever where we will be delivered software at home though the same telecom-hardware consortium. It will be "free" but since they will have the monopole of the information transport + the software the free is paid elsewhere. Above all employment will deeply suffer except at the beginning of the wave where they will need to create the new logistic.

As for Microsoft it is too important player to disappear and they have always been visionary against all others. I remember for example that when Win95 was out the medias was saying that it was their biggest error that will sink Microsoft, I think that it was rather the biggest's error from these journalists :D.

#12     Jul 5, 2003
  3. NANOTECHNOLOGY is the current infant big thing!:cool: Time is the only book for this story.....start turning the pages and read.

#13     Jul 5, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

So,

If they give the $10 in dividend, they can't at the same time be looking for purchases with the rest of the $36B?

nitro

#14     Jul 5, 2003
  5. corvus

corvus

Maybe Bill caught on to the neo-trickle-down rage going on in DC.

Bush: "Hey Bill...we're going to go ahead with the tax cut and start the trickle-down. You in?"

Bill: "Sure thing, just give me a few months here."

#15     Jul 6, 2003

6. maybe they'll do a convertible to raise another 10 bil for aquisitions.

lol

#16     Jul 6, 2003