MSFT - BREAKING NEWS: Gates no longer full time in two years

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nitro, Jun 15, 2006.

1. nitro

nitro

I think the market will love this news imo.

MSFT to $25 in next six months, $32 by early 07, and probably to $40 over next two years.

nitro

2. Pabst

Pabst

MSFT may rally at some point soon to a robust $25 a share (the bottom of the April gap) but the Gate's announcement is neither news nor relevant to the stocks performance.....

3. nitro

nitro

I strongly disagree. The rumor was that it was Balmer that may be leaving the company. That is why the stock may have spiked pre-announcement. Now that Balmer is more visible as the true leader of MSFT, he is that much closer to being directly responsible for the success or failure of the company, and he is even under more pressure to lead now or get axed.

But for me it has less to do with Balmer and even less to do with Gates - it is the new leadership that is coming up from below that is what is encouraging.

nitro

4. nobody cares about MSFT anymore - the company is out of fashion.

5. Pabst

Pabst

The tape doesn't agree. MSFT was a relatively weak sister today (+.90% vs. NDX + 2.7%) pre-announcement and is off a nickle in after hours.

6. Pabst

Pabst

If it wasn't a huge index component (numero uno in NDX) I wouldn't even bother to comment.

7. nitro

nitro

The market was hoping it was Balmer that was going. It was up .50 (22.40 bid) when the annoucement that there was an annoument forthcoming was made in anticipation of that news. I believe the markets got the first part right when it bid up MSFT. I believe over the time frames I mentioned above, MSFT investors will see this news in that light even though it may not see it that way today.

HPQ is another mature company that few believed that it could be turned around on a dime. That is exactly what happened on new managment, and it is up close to 50% in the last few months.

Patience.

nitro

8. You mean, those that haven't left for Google or some cool startup. :D

9. nitro

nitro

The people that left for Google are employees that get churned out at Universities in the US and India by the bucket fulls. The people coming up at MSFT into the echelons of management are visionaries in their own right. Read the news. Do the research.

nitro

10. Don't count MSFT or Gates out just yet. Both are extraordinary value-creators and will be for the rest of their lives. But as both have matured over the years they have also diversified. As they should and really must....

#10     Jun 16, 2006