MS

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dealmaker, Aug 29, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. ET180

ET180

Take money out of consumer discretionary while at the same time upgrading Amazon to a $2500 price target causing Amazon to jump $65 in one day. No earnings, nothing fundamental about the company changed, just +3% on an analyst upgrade and FOMO. So much for efficient market theory.

dealmaker likes this.
  3. ET180

ET180

And now AAPL up about $4 on news that Buffet bought more stock. Nothing fundamental about the company has changed since yesterday. There were no announced changes in company strategy or guidance. But it gets a higher valuation simply because a large and famous investor revealed that he bought more stock. You can find these examples on a daily basis. So much for efficient market theory.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ause-iphone-enormously-underpriced-worlds-3rd

dealmaker likes this.
  4. Solo88

Solo88

ET, can you check my reply to a post regarding using Etrade Pro on linux? I'm hoping you have tried it and can maybe help me clear up some questions I had regarding the coding of Gouzi's post. Thank you!

5. ET180

ET180

Hi Solo88, sorry, I have not used ETrade Pro.

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    Morgan Stanley has acquired Solium Capital for $900 million
    [​IMG]
    Banking giant Morgan Stanley has confirmed the acquisition of publicly traded share plan management software company Solium Capital for $900 million in cash, per the FT. Calgary, Canada-based Solium is a global provider of software as a service for stock administration, financial reporting, and compliance. (Business Insider)

8. dealmaker

dealmaker

[​IMG]
    Morgan Stanley AUM up 4% for quarter despite $6.2B in net outflows
    [​IMG]
    Morgan Stanley Investment Management had $480 billion in assets under management or supervision as of March 31, up 3.7% from three months earlier and up 2.3% from a year earlier. MSIM reported net outflows of $6.2 billion for the first quarter, vs. net inflows of $10.7 billion for the previous quarter and net outflows of $17.9 billion for the first quarter of 2018. (Pensions & Investments)