MRK is overvalued and will drop

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Jan 9, 2017.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Now it is 61.17 and is up 0.9. This is a very overvalued stock and should drop below $60 soon. Good time to short.

2. I haven't looked at it, but just curious why do you say it is overvalued?

3. 300,000 Ebola Doses ready for future outbreaks. A great relief, successful Ebola Vacine expectec to be ready by 2018.

4. wildchild

wildchild

Ebola is old news. Those doses arent going to be worth anything until there is a scare.

5. hajimow

hajimow

Check out its P/E and most importantly check out the charts. For DOW stocks you should be happy with $1 to $2 profit and act the day the I post. I do not expect MRK to drop below 59.5 by this Friday.
    My short list are MRK, HD, CAT, ADI
    Neutral: SBUX, AMZN
    Long : GLD, WMT

6. hajimow

hajimow

Just to warn you that Tuesday AH we had this news that caused the stock to jump 2% but it means nothing to me and does not change my opinion on shorting the stock. Everyone has a drug to cure cancer and none works :(. Basically it is acceptance of an application. Nothing else. It is a drug that should be used "along with chemotherapy" for lung cancer.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/me...plication-2017-01-10?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

7. $BMY It's as if $MRK announced something that no one knew would ever happen! FFS!

8. haroldg

haroldg

Losses "mean nothing" only to papertraders.

9. I had no plan to trade on your tip, I was just trying to create a dialogue on your valuation thoughts.

10. hajimow

hajimow

I understand. We are talking and discussing the ideas in Elitetrader. I do not think even 100 shares were shorted because of my post. Also when I trade, I make sure that I squeeze every profit. When I shorted, I also sold 59.5 PUT at 9 cents which I covered today at 1 cent.

#10     Jan 11, 2017