MotiveWave Q&A

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MotiveWave, Mar 14, 2018.

1. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Welcome Leigh! I will start. Although I know the answer, I think this will help some traders.
    Motivewave is also native to Apple operating system iOS, correct? What data feeds of execution could you connect to MotiveWave?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Hi Matt! Yes, MotiveWave has native versions for both Windows and Mac OS X. The Mac OS X version is a true native version, it's not ported over from the Windows version. (https://www.motivewave.com/download.htm)

We have quite a few supported brokers and data service providers and we continue to add more. Not all of them support both Windows and Mac, but we do show which one(s) they support on our website.

Brokers (see our website for the asset classes each one supports https://www.motivewave.com/brokers/brokers.htm):
    -AMP (via Rithmic and CQG)
    -Berkeley Futures (via CQG)
    -Cannon Trading (via Rithmic)
    -Coinigy (live and historical data only, trading is not yet supported)
    -Deep Discount Trading
    -Direct FX (via CQG)
    -Discount Trading (via CQG)
    -Dorman Trading (via CQG)
    -DriveWealth
    -Emini Futures Broker (via GAIN, CQG and Rithmic)
    -FOREX.com
    -FXCM
    -GAIN
    -Interactive Brokers
    -Meintrade
    -OANDA
    -Optimus Futures (via Rithmic)
    -Questrade
    -Stage Five Trading (via GAIN, CQG and Rithmic)
    -TD-Ameritrade
    -Top Step Trader (via Rithmic)
    -Trade Futures 4 Less (via Rithmic)
    -Tradier Brokerage
    -TradeKing
    -Trade Pro Futures (via Rithmic)
    -TradeStation
    -Tradovate (via CQG)
    -United Futures Trading
    -Any broker who connects via CQG or Rithmic

Then we also have data service providers (again see what asset classes each supports on our website https://www.motivewave.com/brokers/data_services.htm):
    -Barchart
    -CryptoCompare
    -eSignal
    -Google/Yahoo (historical data only)
    -Global Data Feeds
    -IQFeed
    -Metastock Zenith
    -Money.net
    -StockWatch
    -Data Import--data can be imported into MotiveWave if you have the data in ASCII, CSV, or Metastock database formats.

MattZ likes this.
  4. fan27

fan27

Greetings Leigh!

I checked out your site and it looks like your product has a lot of potentially cool features. What key differentiators does your product have over other trading platforms and how are they going to help make me money?

Thanks!

5. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Hi,

As far as helping you make money, we don't provide trading advice. What we do is provide you with all of the tools you could possibly need in a stable, user-friendly platform to allow you to easily do your analysis and set up your trades in less time. If we don't have the tool you're looking for, you can put in a feature request with our Support team.

Things we have that most other platforms don't:
    -Ability to do Alternate Analyses (copies of the chart with different analysis)
    -Elliott Wave (full support of all rules and guidelines, and wave patterns)
    -Fibonacci
    -Gartley / Harmonics
    -Gann
    -Hurst Cycles
    -6 different Editions with different feature sets (with Add-On Modules available) to meet your trading and budget needs
    -Multiple broker and data connections within 1 Workspace

We also have what most professional trading platforms have:
    -Strategy Backtesting
    -Advanced Replay Mode
    -DOM
    -Automated Trading
    -Entry/Exit Strategies
    -Multiple ways to place trades depending on your preference
    -Scanners (Study, Elliott Wave, and Gartley)
    -275+ Built-in studies
    -30+ Built-in strategies
    -Ability to create your own studies and strategies (free Java SDK)
    -Just too many features to list here

fan27 likes this.
  6. Archymede

Archymede

Hi !
    The last time I tried MotiveWave I really enjoyed it but I noticed a few things that didn't please me at all and didn't make me switch from CTS, did you improved those features ? :

- point and figure charts were not well displayed (gaps in rows for example) and didn't allow a % box size. For example using QTrader alongside with motivewave and CQG feeds, there was a clear difference with the same settings and datas (like symbols not being displayed) making the chart unreadable.

- compared to other platforms, there was no possibility to change the daily and intraday charts for futures contracts so as to see only the current closest contract or a continuation based on either months, ending etc. The intraday charts were on a continuation basis and the daily charts were displaying the currenct contract messing with all the drawings made...

- What annoyed me the most was the impossibility to set a blank area before the begining of charts, or to move it so as to get an empty space at the begining.

Will you add the fast CTS feed in the future ?

Thanks !

7. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Hi,

Some improvements were made on the Point and Figure Charts in version 5.0, however some users have suggested that there is a better (or more correct) way to implement P&F charts. We plan to revisit this in the future.

The calculation of continuous contracts is currently handled by your data service. None of our data services currently provide access to historical (expired) contracts so we have no way to calculate this on the client. We have been collecting historical data for major futures contracts since last year (for back fill purposes) and we plan to provide tools to allow the user to customize how continuous contracts are calculated in a future release.

A blank area on the left side of the charts is not supported in MotiveWave, as this would cause a break/gap in the data as you scroll back. What do you need that empty space for?

We are always looking at potential new brokers and data service providers that we can connect to. If you have a contact at CTS, please have them contact our Support team.

8. Surgo

Surgo

Hi Leigh,

Quite a while ago I looked at MotiveWave and while I was impressed with the program's documentation and having a usable API, I did not go any further with it due to its lack of options support. (I have no interest in things like Elliott Wave).

I see that some basic options support is now available for placing orders. I was wondering if the company has any plans to extend this module for some graphical analytics, like projected price for strategy at given volatility, underlying, time to expiration, etc.

9. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Hi Surgo,

We do have plans to expand our options tools. We are still currently determining the best way to implement it, as options support can be quite complex. Because of that complexity, we can't give a specific timeline of when it will go into the software.

10. Hello MotiveWave Team,

I am testing the trial version of your software and considering to buy yearly subscribtion. I am planning to use it mostly for charting purposes. Especially, for low timeframe options like 30s, 20s and 1 min and higher.

Below is all what I need from your software, so which subscription should I buy in order to be able to use all these features, chart edition, or chart plus ? (i read the differences on the website but feel little bit complecated on this:
    • Max 2 Chart Templates )

and after buying could I use the software only with demo accounts ?
    (beacause my broker: <alpari>, is not available on the brokers list at your website )

hope for your support. Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

#10     May 15, 2018