Most innovative companies

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Mar 21, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Boston Consulting Group has put out its latest rundown of the most innovative companies, as nominated by 2,500 executives the consultants interviewed. Unsurprisingly, there’s a big tech presence at the top.

Here’s the top 10:

1) Alphabet/Google
    2) Amazon
    3) Apple
    4) Microsoft
    5) Samsung
    6) Netflix
    7) IBM
    8) Facebook
    9) Tesla
    10) Adidas

2. Gotta say, I hope Google is successful with Stadia. They will rape MS/Sony with the casual gamers. Wouldn't be for my son, he is already spoiled with 120FPS.

3. ET180

ET180

Not sure...MS / Sony did fine against the Nintendo Wii.

Not a single biotech company? Gene therapy, stem cell research, robotic surgery (Biogen, Intuitive Surgical, Regeneron) not considered innovative but a company that has basically been selling the same damn phone for the past decade ranks #3? Humm...

4. @ET180 it's a console-less, state transfer-capable, multi-screen/device gaming platform. It's got pretty huge features for content creators. It's a giant evolution for that market. So basically all you need is Chrome to play modern games.

5. ironchef

ironchef

IBM?

6. JSOP

JSOP

I think Tesla should be 2) or 3). What has Amazon invented? Just doing business online. E-commerce is nothing new whereas Tesla has invented something that we could only dream of and is working on something that we are still dreaming of, inter-galactic travel...

7. Nobert

Nobert

Congratz on Googles moves with Boston Dynamics & etc,

tho,

how is that Adidas made to the list ?

JSOP likes this.
  8. ET180

ET180

Interesting. I think there are / were a couple of companies that tried rendering remotely and "streaming" the game over the internet. I would have thought lag would be too much of an issue, but apparently it works:

9. Just like "machine learning", the techniques were always possible but we needed a confluence of factors to come together to make it work. In the case of ML: graphics cards and cloud computing.

With gaming, we have graphics cards, cloud computing and also high speed internet being roughly better than good enough. In addition, Google is having the controllers connect directly to the server, so whereas previous attempts had some hardware at your house to preprocess stuff, the only thing the Google stuff does is send controller information directly to the server which streams directly through Chromecast using tech they've already built for this portion.

10. Sig

Sig

AWS generates and has generated most of Amazon's profit for most of it's history. It's pretty innovative stuff, just not something most even realize exists let alone grasp the nuances of.

#10     Mar 22, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.