Most commenly used words in news that effect stock price

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by neveral0ne, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Hey guys.. Im looking for a list of words, or a website that would help me out come up with a way to sort my stocks... meaning it would take out any stocks that have upgrades/downgrades buy sell earnings up lower etc. stuff that will effect the prices for my automated trading system, basically I want to include these catchphrases in my Newsware program to filter out those stocks that have those news on it.. Im trying to come up with the most commenly used analyst words used in news.. but Im sure there are plenty more... anyone know anything ?

2. Beat

Miss

Gain

Losses

Improved

Decline

Short

Depressed

Failed

Approval

Decreased

3. l2tradr

l2tradr

Downgrade
    Upgrade
    Bankruptcy
    Merge

4. geittner

bernacke

BO

bin laden

dancing queen barney frank

arthritic queen pelosi

5. Thanks.. I could use more words... where could I find more words ? What topic do I google for ? I get 0 search finds :(

6. Deficit spending

7. DOJ

investigation

raided

fraud

guidance

8. rickf

rickf

"First on CNBC" will move the price lower .... ;)

(sorry, couldn't resist....but in all seriousness by the time it's on-air, the 'move' is already done, either up or down as necessary)

9. If you sort for words that effect stock prices, what next, words that effect market? Then we'd have to sort static words from psychological words. Then we'd have to sort words which are repeated in immediate prior news, for example, the media often leads form prior days news. Then we have phrases or two or more words which when used together create a totally different translation.

It is my understandiing ie Bloomberg reporters use different language than say cnbc, never the two shall meet. Greenspan had a dialect all his own.

Anyways, investopedia has a financial dictionary and a list of buzz words.

Good luck and I hope you tell us more, your project is interesting.

Here's a few of my words to contribute.

Overbought, oversold

10. Thanks alot guys ill keep you posted..

#10     Feb 6, 2010