more graphics cards that connect with usb?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IronFist, Jun 27, 2016.

1. When you have a computer that can use a few monitors but you want another one, are these good? Do you have experience with them? This would be for showing documents and charts and stuff, not gaming, which means it doesn't need a ton of energy.

2. conduit

conduit

I have very good experience with the Plugable brand. They have USB 3.0 to hdmi/dvi /dp the adapters.

3. Jones75

Jones75

Do you want another computer or another monitor?:banghead:

4. I am using two from Cable Matters.

Very nice....and you must install their drivers before they will work.
    I like these because they work with both DVI and HDMI.

5. conduit

conduit

Which chipset does this one have? Cause one cannot run adapters of different chipsets on the same computer. The drivers collide. And this adapter does not seem to support 4k.not what OP asked but just saying.

6. What are you talking about....re: "4k" ???
    I saw no mention of that.

7. conduit

conduit

That's what I just said. The Cable Matters adapter does not support 4k resolutions. Plugable does. And while OP did not mention he needed 4k it still was worth a comment as it may matter. Also not sure which chipset Cable Matters uses. There is the one by Plugable and the other is by a Taiwanese manufacturer. You can't run those two chipset in different adapters at the same time on the same machine. They don't work together. Just a word of caution and not directed at your post.

8. Zithiel89

Zithiel89

Like somebody already asked do you need another PC or another monitor or something like graphic card which will connect like USB ? LOL WHAT ? I never thought that it's even possible for sure. Thanks in advance, I will try it no matter what.