More Bill O'Idiot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 28, 2006.

1. O'Reilly on Iraq: I "[c]ouldn't care less about the country"

On the September 25 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Bill O'Reilly declared: "I don't care what Iraq was, I don't care what it will be. I just don't want them killing anybody or helping Al Qaeda." O'Reilly added that he "[c]ouldn't care less" about Iraq. But in the past, O'Reilly has criticized those who didn't "care" about Iraq becoming a democracy. For example, on the January 24, 2005, edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, while criticizing war critics, O'Reilly stated: "Now, you would think everyone in the world who values freedom would be rooting for the Iraqis to have them, but they are not."

From the September 25 broadcast of Westwood One's The Radio Factor with Bill O'Reilly:

O'REILLY: I don't care.

E.D. HILL (co-host): Postwar?

O'REILLY: I don't care what Iraq was, I don't care what it will be. I just don't want them killing anybody or helping Al Qaeda. OK? Couldn't care less about the country. That is the no-spin honesty that you all come to expect from me.

From the January 24, 2005, edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor:

O'REILLY: Now, you would think everyone in the world who values freedom would be rooting for the Iraqis to have them, but they are not. Here in the USA, some of the anti-Bush crowd would rather have chaos in Iraq than a victory for the president.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200609270003