Monsanto JUN 08 Calls

Discussion in 'Options' started by rudygekko, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Any opinions on MON options expiration tomorrow and where we'll be? I got stuck holding a crapload of JUN 08 150 calls, got greedy, and now I'm paying through the nose. Anyone in the same boat?

2. NoDoji

NoDoji

MON just isn't volatile enough to stage enough of a comeback to help you out on exp Friday, IMHO. I held SPWR calls at a pretty good loss in May, but the stock's so volatile the calls actually increased 5-fold a day before exp and went to break even. The real lesson I took out of it is to set stops on front month options. You're taken out if the trade doesn't go your way, and you can always re-evaluate it after that. One other lesson: If you're stopped out, DON'T jump back in at the next little pivot :eek:

3. Thanks for the advice NoDoji.

4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yeah, I feel your pain; had to say bye to $8K this month because I didn't take the early profits on a slew of June calls and got killed on a gap down.

5. Thats about how much I stand to lose as well. This definitely sucks!

6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Buy smaller positions for a while. I've been trading RIMM, V, and AAPL on strong dips very successfully. V calls this month paid back most of my $8K loss.