Monkman's PV Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Monkman, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Monkman

Monkman

My goals with this Journal is to keep record of my trading and thoughts, so that I will have a reference point to go back and review trades.

Lets get this started!

Monkman

2. Monkman

Monkman

so with my current limits I have decided to structure my positions as follows:

3 positions max

$5k roughly into each position

Today, the system triggered a couple b/o's. I decided to take one of those.

NFLX 113 @ 44.24

Time: around 9:39am (cst)

MACD: positive
    Slow Stoh: 90+
    Price : increasing

3. Monkman

Monkman

NFLX trade

4. Monkman

Monkman

Hot List

Zeros

IPI
    TCBI
    SYNA
    DCP
    GNK
    GWR
    DPM
    CHH
    PAC
    SNCR
    ANW
    BJRI
    HUBG
    CPA
    HGG
    PBT
    UMBF
    LAZ
    RMG
    LMNX
    FSYS
    ASTE
    TITN
    GDP
    BWLD
    ALGT
    UBSI
    INT
    CNQR
    NSH
    MWE
    SCOR
    NTRI
    CVLT
    MMSI
    ICLR
    DDUP
    AVD
    EPE
    LPHI
    EPB
    HBHC
    LINC

5. Monkman

Monkman

Several stocks broke out from the hot list. I entered:

IPI 261@19.15 short

Sold most at 19.36, and some below that.

ALGT 100@47.99

CNQR 227@21.97

sold 21.52

NFLX day 2

NFLX

did not have much of a follow through after breaking out. The idea situation for next day after a break out is when price and volume increases over previous day. With this position we had an intraday 52 week high, low volume all day, and then a turn around in price. The good thing is the volume reads .58 on my screen which means its below FRV. This could indicate a flaw caused by low volume. Normally I would sell if the stock went red for the day, but I decided to give this stock one more day because its still in its upward channel, and around 30 cents from my stop. My profit target for all my positions is relative but I like to take around the 2%, 5%, and 10% range when I see weakness or lack of continuation. I entered in three other stocks today.

IPI

First I shorted IPI. My timing was way off. This discouraged me since the stock went against me for awhile, and stoh were turning upwards. At this point I felt taking half the loss I intended to take was a good decision. After reviewing the trade, I found I need to be more patient. Did I make the right or wrong decision I am not sure, but you can make mistakes and still profit which hopefully will progress with time.

CNQR

Also entered CNQR, that was a failed breakout. Volume was good but we did not see price follow through which was key. It also hit my stop.

ALGT

This is a pretty thin stock. I might need to adjust my stock filter to avoid these. Stock went into FRV and ended the day .79. There was increasing price, volume, stoh 80+, macd positive. Continued to hold up strong and hit new highs while the ES was weak.

I am now holding:

NFLX 44.24 Day 2

ALGT 47.99 Day 1

6. Monkman

Monkman

[​IMG]

7. Monkman

Monkman

algt

8. Monkman

Monkman

cnqr